Page 5 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 6:33 pm

I think we are. If we were more mature about it, a lot of good commercials would be shown in North America.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 12:53 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think we are. If we were more mature about it, a lot of good commercials would be shown in North America.

tell it! :thumleft:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I agree. :thumleft:

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 2:48 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I agree. :thumleft:

Me too.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on January 29, 2018)

Disconaut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2018, 9:10 am

Spiderpig wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
In Celtic culture nudity in combat by the Gauls and Britons was not uncommon and was a way to intimidate their enemies. Women fought naked too.

How did that intimidate their enemies?

Also there is no evidence women fought in Celtic society, or that anyone was nude. Celts relied a lot on guerilla warfare, which involves a lot of hiding in all sorts of weather. If they had been nude they would have been at risk to die from exposure.

Also Gauls and Britons were both Celtic tribes...

AuNaturel
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2019, 11:08 pm

Well, there is always the World Naked Bike Ride. In LA several hundred of us take to the streets of downtown LA and nobody has ever complained to me. (Portland's is far bigger.) There's the Bay to Breakers, where a couple hundred of us nudies join the thousands of textile impaired in a walk/run/stroll across San Fran.

So I would argue that while "America" has its hangups, some areas do not. Of course, there is a difference between seeing real nudity of real bodies in real life and the styled and airbrushed nudity of the young, fit and beautiful on cable tv/movies/print media. The latter is popular almost everywhere in America while acceptance of the former is limited.

I really think 90% of the complaints come from 10% of the people.

AuNaturel
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Nov 2019, 1:16 pm

Well, that is the American way of life, isn't it? Heavy sigh!

I like to hang with a nudie crowd. I do events like the World Naked Bike ride, World Naked Hiking Day, Nude theater, Bay to Breakers race (nude) and things like that. I'm in California so maybe the atmosphere is different here but I'm not feeling a lot of hate.

My theory is that people have a "thermostat" that sets the amount of sexual desire they experience. if we are all nude or if we are all wearing burkhas, once we are used to a given level of exposure the amount of desire is going to be the same. Religions that are anti-sexual desire will keep layering on clothing in an attempt to curb desire but it doesn't work. They successfully curb access among the mass of young males but the drive is unabated, causing it (at least in the case of males) to be redirected into extremism and violence. (If you are royalty you get all the wives you want.)

Cultures that are very hostile towards the exposed body are also hostile towards women and gays. All the inherent desire a person feels gets "blamed" externally on the person they feel it for rather than being treated as something inherent to the person doing the desiring.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 1:51 pm

I don’t freak out about it, it’s the Texas legal system that does.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 1:52 pm

With all due respect, from a non-Anglo-American, absolutely! :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 2:00 pm

I won't be going to any nude beaches, sorry. :lol:

AuNaturel
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Nov 2019, 7:17 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I don’t freak out about it, it’s the Texas legal system that does.

Actuallly... Texas does not have a state law against nudity. There might be local ordinances.

Texas law says, (Texas Penal Code Section 21.08) "You may commit an indecent exposure offense when you expose your anus or part of your genitals with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person, and are reckless about whether another person who will be alarmed or offended is present." 8O

Intending to arouse or gratify another person sexually is not on the menu for a nudist/naturist/nudie/what have you. So it is local ordinances or park regulations you need to worry about. I know there are a fair number of nudie resorts in Texas. And both Austin and Houston have hosted WNBRs, so there has to be some slack in there somewhere. :D

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 7:26 pm

It's interesting that nobody stares at nudist beaches, you can usually enjoy more privacy there. You do occasionally see guys parading themselves by the waterline, but mostly it's a pretty subdued atmosphere.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 7:38 pm

Penises and vaginas and nipples are so incredibly ugly and gross it's hard to believe they're even a natural part of the human body. They look more like diseased alien tumors from some horror movie or something. :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 7:40 pm

The perfect video for this topic :lol:

AuNaturel
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2019, 3:39 am

The very same plot was used on a "Three's Company" episode. :-D

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 2:45 pm

AuNaturel wrote:
The very same plot was used on a "Three's Company" episode. :-D

I never watched it. But I've heard that show being referenced a lot. :)