Page 21 of 22 [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 12:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sorry about that Alliekit.
Ok; just a note to everyone (not only to you Alliekit): A mutually consent kiss is not a guarantee for sex or even a relationship.
Do not mistake a kiss as a yes for everything.
For some of us we might think it means something further, but for others it can be just for sport.

It's ok and I realise that now. I was so innocent and infatuated with him at the time I didn't realise.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 12:51 pm

wilburforce wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:
Okay, how is not telling them and having them have false hope better? Also, he they are that worried about getting hurt if they don't tell the guy odds are he'll get aggressive anyway one way or the other. It could happen from her ignoring him, or continuing to tell him she's "busy". Hey here's a great idea, lets have a guy have false hope and just start to talk to them less and less so they waste their time. It's stupid, very, very stupid.

Have you ever looked into someone's face that you cared about, told them something you knew would hurt their feelings, and then watched their smile slowly collapse as the hurt/rejection sinks in? That does not feel good to do unless you are a sociopath who enjoys watching other people suffer. It is not easy to reject someone when you know it is going to make them feel bad. Many women won't say "I'm not attracted to you" outright because they know it's hurtful to be rejected and they don't want to have to do that. They are usually hoping that eventually the guy will end up liking someone else and so he won't be bothered by the fact that they don't want to date him because they will be emotionally invested in someone else by then, and so they won't ever have to say "I don't like you that way" out loud and no one needs to feel hurt.

Most of us have tried the direct route and have been screamed at or assaulted for being so "honest and considerate of the guy's feelings" and so learned to not reject outright like that anymore because it can be dangerous. Until you've had a girl (one bigger and stronger than you) yell in your face "Fine, I never wanted to date you anyway you fat ugly loser! I was just joking obviously, no one would ever want to date a piece of s**t like you!" and maybe threatened when you rejected her advance, you can't really relate to what it's like for most women. I've been yelled at in such a way for rejecting the advances of a cat-caller--it's scary when it happens, especially if you are alone and don't know if the guy is going to physically come after you as well as shout horrible nasty things at you. There is a certain kind of guy who is most dangerous when feeling rejected and insecure, and we can't always tell who those guys will be until they explode on us--so we are careful instead, and get insulted by guys like you for being "stupid".

Guess women just can't do anything right, because either way we get guys telling us how wrong and stupid and what selfish inconsiderate b*****s we are whatever we do. :roll:

I agree with you. Men can be terrifying and hurtful when you reject them. You don't always know which ones are going to flip their s**t either, even the ones you "know" are sometimes very good liars and hide their ugly side very well until you do something they don't like. I've had men threaten to rape me and hurl tons of verbal abuse just for saying I wasn't interested.

Hell, I've felt pressured to date guys I wasn't interested in before - like scared to say no. I dated one guy like that when I was younger, and when I broke up with him he and his friends stalked me for half a year, telling me I was still dating him and just following me around watching me. Long before I even turned 18 I saw how gross and aggressive dudes can be, and how manipulative too. Always fun when you meet a guy and tell him you aren't interested and he tries to turn it around on if you were really nice you'd give him a chance and care about what he wants. Somehow ignoring the fact that he doesn't care what you want.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 7:32 pm

Wilburforce:

I wasn't meaning to address you directly and never thought you might be doing those things.

I was just talking about the men and women that DO these things to others (be friends with someone romantically interested in them and lead them on)

Alliekit:

I'm sorry that happened to your friend.

I don't in any way support or condone just how angry some men can get when they're rejected, I was just pointing out that it's real and it happens, and that it's also just best to reject them as early as possible and as soon as you figure out they are interested in being more than friends.

Because if sometimes if someone is friends with someone they are secretly attracted to, and the other person knows but chooses to ignore the other person's advances, or even do romantic or sexual type things with the other person, but the other person is also frequently involved with other men, uses him to complain about her problems with them, and otherwise always leave things open-ended rather than reject him, this can only over-time ignite the flame of frustration and anger the person feels.

Unrequited love isn't just painful - it's dangerous, for both the person feeling it and the target of their affections.

The strongest obsessions can even mess with one's mental state and sanity.

As shown on these forums, loneliness alone has a big effect on people's lives (being one of the sole sources of severe depression, anxiety, etc. for some)

So if anything, always reject a male as directly as possible as early as you can.

Peacesells is correct - if you are afraid the other person will react aggressively, that just says you don't know them well enough or trust them enough to know how they are likely to react.

And if you've known them for years and they still react with aggression? Don't even continue to be 'just friends' and cut ties right there and then.

Of course, make sure you are with others or at least in a public, open space rather than of course at his house or in a dark alley. Common sense of course.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 7:47 pm

I realise my friends occurrence isn't common and I do actually agree that as soon as you find out they like you you should let them know you aren't interested. But sometimes it's difficult to know if someone likes you until they say it. My friend is a guy magnet and is really friendly and bubbly so a lot of guys missunderstand her kindness for interest

The guy in my friends situation had been crushing on her for years and she had previously told him she wasn't interested and agreed to remain friends. When she got together with her boyfriend he started texting he telling her he would kill her or kidnap her. She felt bad for him so didn't report it initially. It was when she apologised and said she loved her boyfriend so nothing would happen between her he sent her a text saying 'I'm going to watch you die slowly as I rape you and strangle the life out of you'.

She was really shook up and came to me for help (we lived together at this point). I made her ring the police and they dealt with the guy in front of his mother and warned him one more threat and he would be charged and put on the offenders register. He was a nasty piece of work and for months after she would be worried about seeing him around town. It has been 3 years now and no sign of him, she is happily living with her boyfriend now so there's a happy ending :).

So I actually agree the sooner the better but can understand why there may be hesitation. I know a second friend who happily leads guys on and I'm always telling her that it's not fair

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 4:31 am

If you are in the friendzone, it's your fault. You are either masquerading as her friend because you are too afraid of asking her out and being rejected, or you are masquerading as her friend as a way to remain close to her after she rejected you. Either way, you are being deceitful and not taking responsibility for yourself. If she is not romantically interested in you, don't pretend you are her best friend. Be civil, but move on and try dating other people. Maybe you will find someone you are a better match with. Maybe you two will cross paths later in life and will be more compatible with each other and be something more than friends. Who knows.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 6:23 am

So it has to be always a masquerade? Can't they ever be friends for real?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 10:15 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

They can be friends for real if the person who was rejected can turn off his or her attraction and be absolutely fine with just being friends, but what tends to happen is the person maintains their unrequited feelings, and grows resentful of the rejection and feels like they are being used, because the person who rejected them is treating them as they would a friend, and the person who was rejected wants to be the boyfriend or girlfriend, and not the friend friend.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 6:03 pm

Yeah you're right. The friendship can only work if there is no resentment.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 8:23 am

And here is the 1994's ultimate FRIENDZONE song :lol:
(enable English subtitles, if not enabled already click on the small CC at bottom, and the setting icon to choose language):

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 9:40 am

Chronos wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

They can be friends for real if the person who was rejected can turn off his or her attraction

Yeah, because humans are equipped with an ON/OFF switch for that. It's so easy peasy.

Switch On: I am in love with this person.

Switch Off: I am no longer in love with this person.

/sarcasm.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 4:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 4:21 am

^ I am a necromancer!
But really, when this song was out I didn't understand what was it about, I was 12.

When I heard it yesterday I was like s**t, that's Friendzone level 99! and reminded me of the friendzone threads here.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2017, 1:11 pm

Chronos wrote:
If you are in the friendzone, it's your fault. You are either masquerading as her friend because you are too afraid of asking her out and being rejected, or you are masquerading as her friend as a way to remain close to her after she rejected you. Either way, you are being deceitful and not taking responsibility for yourself. If she is not romantically interested in you, don't pretend you are her best friend. Be civil, but move on and try dating other people. Maybe you will find someone you are a better match with. Maybe you two will cross paths later in life and will be more compatible with each other and be something more than friends. Who knows.

In other words, guys have only two options:

-you're a misogynist for being her friend
-you're a misogynist for not being her friend

Clearly it's the man's fault for not picking the correct option, and not because there isn't a correct option to pick.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:51 pm

^^ It's so weird that there are so many women , who don't simply understand that some men simply develop feelings toward a female with time. So it's not like he started the friendship with ulterior motives.

How hard is that to understand?

For instance, in the lyrics of the song I posted:

"One of my biggest aspiration is to walk with you (daily) for hours and hours" (with her friend...)

I mean why it is so surprising for one to develop feelings toward someone who walks with you for hours and hours :lol:?

The song is actually a poem written by a female poet, and she was addressing her friend in, so the story behind it is real.

"
Majida el-Roumi - Be My Friend

How wonderful it would be if we remained friends
For every woman needs the palm of a friend

Be my freind, be my friend, be my friend
Be my friend, ah my friend, ah ah be my friend

My stories are short and my concerns are small
And my aspiration is to walk for hours with you
And my aspiration is to walk for hours with you
In the rain
When sadness silences me ah ah
When sadness silences me and anxiety makes me cry
Why do you care about how I look and ignore my mind?
My mind

I really need a safe harbor
I really need a safe harbor
And I'm exhausted, exhausted from love stories and news of passion
So speak, speak speak speak speak
Why do you forget half the words when you meet me
My mind

Be my friend, be my friend, be my friend
There's nothing emasculating about it
On the other hand, the man of the East is not satisfied with with any role
Except roles of heroism"