Is it normal to not want to be around other autistic people

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm

BeyondLogic wrote:
Honestly, I think all autistic people should do this or at least try if they want to have any successful social relationships.

That may be beyond some autistic people. After all, if you've seen one aspie, you've seen one aspie.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 8:09 pm

I think it's normal to not want to be around other autistic people. They are humans and every autistic person is different. There are NTs out there that an NT doesn't want to be around. There are certain people out there I don't want to be around and their neurology has nothing to do with it. It has to do with their thinking, their attitude and how they treat others, how they make me feel. There have even been people online I didn't want to correspond with anymore for the same reasons above. I have used the block button. In real life I try to keep low around them meaning try to not say much around them and avoid them if I can and not to say a word when they talk or say my opinion about what they say. I just try to ignore them if I can. Pretend they are not there so I can relax.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.