Products / companies with which you're fed-up?

Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

Sears.

Their home remodeling service took our money and did a crap job on one of our kitchens. Then their contractor showed up with a lawyer and told us that we got what we signed up for, and that if we wanted to fight it in court, to go right ahead.

The products they sell can be found at most any other store - tools at Home Depot; clothes at K-Mart and Target; computers, smartphones, and tablets practically anywhere.

Why are they still in business?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 3:50 pm

That makes me think of the phrase get your s**t together in a whole new light.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 8:57 pm

Yeah, somebody mentioned that "domed bottom thing" on jars of condiments----oooo, that burns-me-up!!

Another one that was mentioned on another thread: WHY are they still selling EIGHT hot dog buns, when packages of hot dogs come in TEN???????????? I know it's so they can sell more buns; but, that's so incredibly wasteful.)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Feb 2016, 9:34 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Another one that was mentioned on another thread: WHY are they still selling EIGHT hot dog buns, when packages of hot dogs come in TEN???????????? I know it's so they can sell more buns; but, that's so incredibly wasteful.)
Some brands of hotdogs come in packs of 8. The 1s my girlfriend gets come in 8.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm

So, is it bad that I really want to throttle the Progressive girl? Her smug face really ticks me off. Dosnt help that they play Progressive ads like there will be no tomorrow, and they have been doing this for years.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 1:31 pm

Last night I saw Oprah on an ad for Weight Watchers gushing about how much she loves bread and she's eaten it every day bust still lost weight. Yeah, I'm sure you are allowed to eat bread as long as it's the size of credit card.

They think that just because someone famous is paid even more money to recommend some product I'm going to believe whatever BS they're spewing out and buy their garbage. And I hate Weight Watchers. When I was 11 or 12 I went to their meetings maybe a couple of times. The first time I just wanted to go home because Halloween was coming and I wanted to carve the pumpkin my mom had just bought. She gave me an enormous lecture all the way home that my losing weight was more important than carving any pumpkin and that I was going to have a heart attack if I didn't become the exercise and health nut she was. She weighed 120 lbs and was proud of it. But if I weighed that amount I'd look like a skeleton. But anyway...

Ads for diet products are awful. I saw another one for Slimfast shakes where people are jumping around like they're high on meth and making orgasmic faces while drinking the stuff. I doubt they were all thin from actually drinking the shakes and eating the "sensible dinners".

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 4:02 pm

So many new ad mascots, or whatever they are, try to be "cute" but fail miserably at it because they are creepy and gross, or they're in an ad for a medication for something gross. Like that CGI anthropomorphic bladder with big childlike eyes like ET dragging that woman around like a little kid who needs to go potty. It's a BLADDER. It's full of URINE. That is NOT cute! Even worse is some creature in an ad for IBS drugs that looks like, I don't know, a pile of irritated intestines all cramped up? Toenail fungus! Drawing a smiley face on a toenail yellowed with fungus will not make it cute. What's next, a talking cartoon pimple spewing out pus? Oh no, I hope I didn't give "them" any new ideas. :eew:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 4:24 pm

^^^ That reminds me. A while back KFC was running afew advertisements with a very creepy Colonel Sanders. Those commercials really missed their desired effect cuz he made me & my girlfriend not want KFC

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 6:05 pm

Virtually all levels of government. Corrupt organized criminals, most of 'em.

Telecommunications companies - the Big Three monopolize Canada with the highest cell phone data rates in the world.

Because of where I live: Many realtors, mortgage brokers, banks, immigration consultants, and government officials etc who all have a hand in selling out our city to foreign investors. House prices have spiralled out of control. More than 90% of single family detached homes within city limits now exceed $1M (and that's the starting price point.. tiny little 80 year old tear downs sell for millions, larger properties for tens of millions - its absurd.) while local wages haven't changed much in a generation. It is what it is & no one can stop this runaway train, but it's still annoying that even high earning people in my generation cannot afford to buy a home in the city & in many cases can barely afford a shoebox condo in the suburbs. Anyone who's had a hand in making this place on the verge of an economic ghost town as young people and families flee to places they can afford to live deserves all the hate they get.

Monsanto & any other GMO companies poisoning people with their garbage food substitutes. etc.

Campin_Cat wrote:

Why do hotdog buns even exist when everyone knows hotdogs are just a hamburger topping, anyways? :?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 4:12 am

callcenters, intrusive and impolite, causing to never answer a phonecall anymore
retail, being bothered by you wanting to purchase something and showing they'd rather not sell outside a privilegded incrowd of their kind of people
communityworkers, and everyone on the gov's payroll, yes retired ppl too, believing they have judging AND punishing authority

DC1000
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2016, 3:33 pm

I'm fed-up with Monsanto because they put poison in out food! Eat organic!! !

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 10:45 pm

My mother complains a lot about the telemarketers that constantly call her. The other week she told me how she's been called every day being asked for donations after giving some old clothes and stuff to a charity. That's what you get for doing something nice. :roll:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 10:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
My mother complains a lot about the telemarketers that constantly call her. The other week she told me how she's been called every day being asked for donations after giving some old clothes and stuff to a charity. That's what you get for doing something nice. :roll:
That reminds me~ I get calls pretty often from online pharmacies. They never get the hint when I tell em to remove me from their system & they start arguing with me about why I don't want to order any medication. I do order meds from two online sites but those aren't the one or two sites that keep calling me & lots online like the sites I use & don't have problems with getting phone calls. I'm not sure how I got on those list but it's definitely a nuisance.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm

Any commercial where they claim the people in it are "real" and not actors. There's a recent one for Crest toothpaste where the people are supposedly not looking at the camera and are therefor real people who are just saying only positive things about toothpaste. Yeah, like we're going to assume that just because they are all looking to the side instead of right at the viewer. They must think we're real morons. :doh:

I never understood ads like this. Like for headache medication, it's as if they just went and found a random person with a headache on the street, and the person acts like they never heard of Aspirin or Tylonel before. Handing out tissues to people on the street. In fact I remember the first animal Crossing game there was a reference to the latter. Grouchy characters would sometimes yell at me when I tried to talk to them, and then they'd apologize and say they thought I was one of those weirdos handing out tissues. :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm

I am shocked nobody mentioned Koch Industries yet.

For me, Wal-Mart. Sure the idea of being the only 24-hour grocery store in my neighborhood sounds great, but if you do go between 1-5 a.m., it's a maze because many of the aisles are cluttered with empty boxes or pallets. Any other time, it's a madhouse comprised of a lot of trashy people, and is often shorthanded despite that.

Life would be so much easier if Kroger and HEB were open 24 hours.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 5:53 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am shocked nobody mentioned Koch Industries yet.

For me, Wal-Mart. Sure the idea of being the only 24-hour grocery store in my neighborhood sounds great, but if you do go between 1-5 a.m., it's a maze because many of the aisles are cluttered with empty boxes or pallets. Any other time, it's a madhouse comprised of a lot of trashy people, and is often shorthanded despite that.

Life would be so much easier if Kroger and HEB were open 24 hours.

You'd deal with the same thing-- those shelves need stocked somehow, and usually 12am-8am are the best hours.