Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 1:27 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Ack, came out of the hospital for the umpteenth time and the map is giving me no idea of where to go... I have been wandering/driving around for ages...

Also, does anyone else feel really bad beating up innocent people to get their money?? :oops:

In the conext of GTA: San Andreas? None whatsoever. They're virtual and cannon fodder. Of course, I have absolutely no desire to mug/murder people in real life, as they are never as replaceable in real life....

On sabbatical...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 1:43 am

I prefer a gun...quicker and less messy.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 1:48 am

Graelwyn wrote:
I prefer a gun...quicker and less messy.

Aim for someone's head, and you won't be saying that....

On sabbatical...

tomart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2007, 1:08 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Ack, came out of the hospital for the umpteenth time and the map is giving me no idea of where to go... I have been wandering/driving around for ages...

I roamed around a lot, helped me learn where everything is (the maps aren't as helpful as I'd like) but do you mean you're lost? Esc/pause and go to map, enlarge and see where you are compared to where you're going. Or just stop and turn around til North is up, and see what direction CJ's symbol (home base) is.
Graelwyn wrote:
Also, does anyone else feel really bad beating up innocent people to get their money?? :oops:

Yes, for me it's gut-wrenching; I couldn't do it. (Plus they usually don't have much...) The exception is the Ballas, the guys in purple; they're belligerent and in my face anyway, and they fight back. If you really want money, they talk in the guides (try gamefaqs.com) about a way of using the off-track betting. After the burglary mission you can do burglaries with a special van a few blocks from CJ's; you can only do it at night, and you have to get the swag back to a storage locker by a certain time.

A note about GTA and this forum: due to the nature of GTA, I think it's almost unavoidable that we'd be talking about behavior that would horrify many people in Wrong Planet. Not sure how to handle this; there are whole forums where you can revel in San Andreas to your heart's content, you know, game and GTA websites. And they have all kinds of helpful game stuff, and links to even more.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2007, 3:12 pm

I played gta san ann up to the flying missons and could not past the the second flying misson. Could fly the heicopter ok but not the plane. Well could fly but not were the program wanted me to :D had to stop at that point :(

tomart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2007, 1:19 am

V111 wrote:
I played gta san ann up to the flying missons and could not past the the second flying misson. Could fly the heicopter ok but not the plane. Well could fly but not were the program wanted me to :D had to stop at that point :(

Yeah, I found the flying and driving schools in San Andreas to be boring and often REALLY HARD. [I've played a number of flight sims, and I can report that some of these GTA:SA flight missions are perversely difficult.]

Check out the walkthroughs and guides on the gaming sites; some of them helped me get through it. I love the game, and I love flying, but there were times I felt like giving up.

Love your sig. PKD was one of the best.

xboxboy247
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2007, 9:34 pm

Wow. I love GTA:SA.

What I recommend you do is go online and search for cheat codes, that's how I got through the tough missions.

Like discussing Film and Writing?
Go here! http://fwc.eamped.com/

Save The Internet! It's not going to save itself!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 5:53 pm

Innocent? In the world of GTA, ain't nobody innocent. Some of 'em just haven't been bad where you can see it yet, that's all.

I look at the GTA world in much the same light as the roleplaying setting World of Darkness - take the real world, and corrupt almost all the good people. I mean, the police are so bad, if you get arrested for shooting 17 people in front of the police station, all they do is seize your weapons and take a few thousand bucks - you're back on the street almost instantly!

That said, I find the first few missions are a lot easier if you do a weapons cheat - I like to equip CJ with Set 2, the one that includes the rocket launcher and the M-4 assault rifle. :)

tomart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2007, 2:59 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
Innocent? In the world of GTA, ain't nobody innocent. Some of 'em just haven't been bad where you can see it yet, that's all.

I like to equip CJ with Set 2, the one that includes the rocket launcher and the M-4 assault rifle. :)

My favorite is the (misnamed) Minigun. Like the RL, it'll bring down anything but the tank, but it's faster and more flexible.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 2:16 pm

I think the best 2 weapons in GTA SA are the auto shotgun and katana.

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2007, 9:24 pm

PINK CARS CHEAT FTW. :D

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 10:02 pm

Anubis wrote:
Sawn-off shotgun and RPG-7's are FTW with the unlimited ammo cheat :wink:

tomart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2007, 2:16 am

RTSgamerFTW wrote:
Anubis wrote:

What's FTW?

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 9:10 am

tomart wrote:
RTSgamerFTW wrote:
Anubis wrote:

What's FTW?

Flaming total wreckage!! !

AWESOME!! !!