Student suspended for helping asthmatic classmate

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 4:26 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/79134418/

Message sent bieng a sheep and conforming is more important then life or death. Be afraid to break rules, be very afraid. Welcome to America 2016.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 4:55 pm

Be afraid if you are the one with asthma or otherwise ever needing help.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

The parents of the other student should sue the intestinal contents out of the teacher, school and district.

Unbelievable. As an asthmatic, I know only too well that if it gets to the "falling out of your chair because you can't breathe" stage, you are in a life-threatening emergency. If you don't have a rescue inhaler handy, you need immediate medical attention. The kid was exactly right about not having time to wait for a response to email!

What an infuriating story!

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 6:17 pm

I read that yesterday. Pissed me off. People have no common sense anymore. That kid should have been rewarded. Maybe a little bit of a talking to for the inappropriate language, but that's it.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:45 pm

The problem is the TX school system, its practically a separate sovereignty. Officials can legally steal from the students and extort the parents to get the items back, or they can just legally steal period. They can send you to court for so much as back-talking a teacher. They absolutely don't give students the freedom to walk out of the class for ANY reason. You'd think that with such a tight grip, bullying wouldn't be an issue, but you physically have to be fighting before anyone intervenes, then you're in trouble right along with the guy who started it. I don't think there's enough shame in the world for TX school systems.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:49 pm

That teacher and the school administration involved should be ashamed of themselves! :evil:

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

"The banality of evil" has many faces. A teacher, so scared into not using his common sense above following his orders, is one of them.
We should all be very afraid.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 10:14 pm

An asthmatic person should have thier rescue inhaler on them at all times. Not being able to do this is that zero tolerance thing about dope coming back to bite us in the ass again. It doesn't even have to make sense and is strictly black and white to the extreme.
From what I read it looks like the school isnt as angry with him for hauling the girl to the nurse's room as for him saying the F word. :roll: :roll:

One of my questions is what if they'd gotten to the nurse station and the nurse wasn't there? (gone to the bathroom, gone on break, gone to attend another emergency issue at school, etc)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 2:02 am

MDD123 wrote:
The problem is the TX school system...

As a victim of several public school districts who tends to follow this sort of thing, I can tell you it's far from confined to Texas.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2016, 11:39 am

I have come to the conclusion that many school officials have what should be classified as a personality disorder in the DSM. Some say there's too many in there now. But what harm would there be in having "Officiousness" or "Pig Headed" in there?

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 12:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
As a victim of several public school districts who tends to follow this sort of thing, I can tell you it's far from confined to Texas.

I'd hate to think they're all like that, but it would explain the international test score gap. I actually stopped trying across the board for the 2nd half of 8th grade, I'd get more trouble for showing up late and not wearing nice clothes (peers) than I did for completely f-ing off my assignments.