Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2007, 11:10 pm

I have Hunters... Mum got it for me Christmas.

Racer_J
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2007, 6:35 am

I don't understand how anybody could say that Super Metroid is ANYTHING LESS than the best metroid game ever made; I would actually say it's the best 2D game ever made. I've beaten it hundreds of times; I've beat the original and fusion, the others got boring (and fusion was nothing to write home about, I just played it while I sat alone in lunch during high school...).

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 3:43 pm

I thought 4/Fusion was one of the worst...not that it wasn't good, but it didn't hold up to Metroid 1 or 3 or even Prime or 2.

3's excellent, and probably is one of the better 2D games made (which is really a commentary on how developers need to put more resources into big 2D games again!) Symphony of the Night is probably better though.

Have you guys all tried that free Lyle game? What did ya think?

There have been a ton of great Metroid style games on the GBA/DS too. All the Castlevania games, plus the two Shaman King: Master of Spirits games.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 4:05 am

game: metroid prime 1
creature: parasite queen
character: samus, because she looks like a girl you can only DREAM about exisiting, she's just so damn cute it's just ridiculous.
boss: metroid prime, so cool looking, especially in the second form :twisted:
hunter: haven't played hunters :roll:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 1:13 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the trailer to the new metroid game.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrodfchKEgM&feature=PlayList&p=D7861E0A50EC67CD&index=71[/youtube]

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 8:46 pm

I've never liked the 3D Metroids. Super Metroid for the SNES is the best out of the entire series.

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

16 Jun 2009, 9:00 pm

FAVOURITE GAME: Metroid Prime
FAVOURITE CREATURE: Tie between generic space pirate and Tallon Metroid
FAVOURITE CHARACTER: Ridley
FAVOURITE BOSS: Kraid
FAVOURITE HUNTER: None.... I dont consider hunters a metroid game.

I'm very much looking forward to Other M, but I really hope the protagonist stays silent, which that trailer hints might not be the case.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 10:50 pm

I have gotten through every Metroid game ever made except "Metroid Prime Pinball" for the Nintendo DS. I got a really high score on it though.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 12:55 am

I haven't seen the trailer, and I dn't have high hopes, given that I thought the Ninja Gaiden games were terrible, and Dead or Alive is solid, but not brilliant or anything. I can't imagine I'll dislike it any more than Prime 3 though.

I think for me my favorites are:

-1/3
-1 Remake
-2/4
-Prime 1

I haven't played Prime 2, but then it would drop massively down to Prime 3, and then Hunters, neither of which I think are even real Metroid games.

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2009, 7:01 am

I loved the original 2d Metroids. Easyly the best games i played for those consoles ( never played SotN).

I only played the first prime, and loved it as well. I loved the isolation aspect of it.

As for the "Other M". I really don't think its going to be that good. I just don't see Metroid being a Ninja team type game. Metroid has never been a melee game. When i saw the trailer, it made me think the Wii was getting Halo. I mean really come on. In every other metroid game Samus is alone, why is she surrounded by a bunch of helpers in this one?

And I thought the Chronos gave Samus her suit ( as per the Prime game). Now i guess it was the Humans.

Ignoring that little flaw, i hope the storyline will be great though. I all ways loved the back story of the metroid games.

Masuna
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2009, 7:40 am

Prime 3 is the best game on the Wii ! ! Although too short. Only got 99% finished darnit.

Stonetoad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2013, 6:24 pm

FAVOURITE GAME: Metroid Prime 2
FAVOURITE CREATURE: Rezbit
FAVOURITE CHARACTER: A-Kul
FAVOURITE BOSS: Quadraxis
FAVOURITE MUSIC THEME: Torvus Bog (Submerged Level), Phendrana too :)

Most hated boss: Boost Guardian, Spider Guardian, Emperor Ing (haven't beat him yet), Meta Ridley