Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 6:11 am

Look what I found! :D

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 8:47 am

Where's that from? Is it an official Nintendo thing, or did someone draw her?

And what game's your Avatar today from?

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 4:57 pm

Metroid... Zero Mission I think that picture is from.

My avatar is me as a RPG character. :D

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 7:26 pm

Thats the Zero Mission (GBA) reward picture for completing the whole game, so mecha ridley as well, with every single item in the game located. There is a suited up picture you got for completing the game, and I believe a sparesely clad one if you complete the whole lot in under 3 hours (how someone could do that beats me...)

EDIT - a list of what you can get in ZM, there is another set in Fusion, but i never played that.

[spoil]# Samus in street clothes hanging out at a local pub: Beat the game on Normal difficulty with 100% completion in less than two hours
# Samus in street clothes, strolling through a city: Beat the game on Normal or Hard with 100 % completion in over two hours
# Fully armored Samus sitting on a rock: Beat the game on Easy difficulty OR in Normal or Hard with above 15 % completion in over four hours
# Samus in her blue under-armor: Beat the game on Normal or Hard with above 15% completion under two hours
# Samus in street clothes, overlooking a city: Beat the game on Hard with 100% completion in less than two hours
# Samus in street clothes sitting by a window: Beat the game on Normal with a completion rate of fewer than 15%
# Fully armored Samus, with a screen of her face in the background: Beat the game on Hard with a completion rate of fewer than 15%
# Samus sans helmet watching the sun set: Beat the game on Normal or Hard with a completion rate of over 15% around with a time of around three hours[/spoil]

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 11:37 pm

RedMage wrote:
Metroid... Zero Mission I think that picture is from.

Oh cool! I haven't played it yet (I'm kind of weird in that I save the games I most want to play for last...do that with food too).

Quote:
My avatar is me as a RPG character. :D

Also cool! How'd you make it?

Thanks for that list DingoDv. I bet I won't get anything but the worst ending when I play it!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 9:17 pm

I used Chara Maker.

OMG I got 99% in Metroid Prime ages ago!

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 11:26 pm

I don't know what percentage I got in Metroid Prime, but I bet it wasn't anywhere near 99%. I did get the best ending in the original Metroid back in the day, but that was after I'd already beaten it once, and used a walkthrough to beat it that fast. Since then I gave up on trying to beat them fast.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 11:53 pm

I had one item left to get in MP.

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 10:48 am

I know no one here likes Metroid Prime Hunters but it was my first Metroid game. I did play Metroid Prime 2 though (My favourite level is Sanctuary Fortress) so I know what a Metroid game should play like.

I'm looking forward to Metroid Prime 3. Not only are the graphics even better than Metroid Prime 2 (and MP2 has some of the best graphics on Cube) but the developers realised they needed to take things up a notch. Let's just hope that there are puzzles that get your head scratching (like in the first two Primes) as opposed to just wondering round areas with no Grapple Beam or Screw Attack (MPH). The fact that they are recycling a weapon stacking system from Super Metroid looks interesting though.

However, it looks like the idea of online multiplayer might have got to the developers heads. Although MPH wasn't a proper Metroid game, I find it more interesting than other first person shooters. Reason: ordinary guns are boring.

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2007, 10:31 pm

I don't want Metroid Prime 3, it doesn't appeal to me.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 10:41 pm

Chozo-Ghost wrote:
I don't want Metroid Prime 3, it doesn't appeal to me.

How come? Did you not like the first two Metroid Prime games?

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2007, 10:45 pm

I only played Prime. So therefore, I do not want 3.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 10:57 pm

I totally forgot! Here's a good, free, amateur game called Lyle in Cube Sector that uses Metroid-style gameplay...except all your powers are based around cubes :D

http://www.sitesled.com/members/bogo/lyle.html

It's really fun. Doubly so when you consider one person did it on his own! It's better if you plug in a control pad to your computer, but either way, check it out if you like Metroid-style games!

(I wasn't able to beat the final boss, but I loved the whole game.)

Chozo-Ghost wrote:
I only played Prime. So therefore, I do not want 3.

Okay, but why don't you like it? I'm just curious :) Do you like the 2D ones and/or the Metroid-style Castlevania games?

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2007, 11:01 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
Okay, but why don't you like it? I'm just curious :) Do you like the 2D ones and/or the Metroid-style Castlevania games?

I liked Metroid Prime, but I never played Prime 2. I prefer Super Metroid and Fusion.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 11:08 pm

Chozo-Ghost wrote:
Wolfpup wrote:

I liked Metroid Prime, but I never played Prime 2. I prefer Super Metroid and Fusion.

Whatever you do, don't play Hunters! At least Prime was legitimately trying to do the Metroid gameplay. Hunters is just a deathmatch game basially (and one with terrible, stylus based control).

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2007, 11:10 pm

I have Hunters... Mum got it for me Christmas.