Do you sneak food into movie theaters?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 6:25 am

If I want to eat at the movies, I usually sneak something in, like a candy bar or a soda.

However, they're supposed to be rebuilding the cinema near where I live and adding stadium seating and a restaurant, so I might have to check that out.

One cinema I remember that had good food was a place in Maine called Chunky's. Basically it was a restaurant where they play movies. The seats were ripped out of old Lincolns. :P

Saepius
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2007, 7:49 am

As far as I know, none of my local cinemas have a problem with people taking in food from outside, so I often do. If they did start to take issue with it, I'd probably just stop going there - I live in a big city, so there's plenty of other cinemas around. What right do they have to dictate to us where we can buy our food?

Kellaway225
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2007, 7:51 am

ive snuck food and alcahol in to a cinema before aaaah what a great day that was

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

18 Apr 2007, 9:03 am

Rarely goto the movie. Last two time my sister bought massive amount of salty popcorn just to get my bloodpressure up :)

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 9:13 am

Yes. I have brought in soft drinks and some snack food my mom made. Better than the popcorn with the rancid butter. I can't stand the smell of that stuff.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 9:31 am

Only gummies that they don't sell. they sell fresh gummies but for some reason I prefer them stale.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 9:43 am

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
Has anyone got caught with food in the cinema?

I haven't.

No, but we did get caught sneaking an entire picnic into the Royal Albert Hall when we were going in for a concert :lol: That's when we were in the plebs seating though. Another time, when we got upgraded for some reason, they couldn't care less what we had with us :?

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 9:49 am

I often sneak food into the cinema as I usually go after work on a Monday or Tuesday night, before I go to my RPG group, so I invariably have a carrier bag of stuff with me that nobody ever looks into. I will buy stuff from the cinema if I feel like it, though - but definitely not all the time, as it's so horribly expensive.

18 Apr 2007, 10:25 am

It's not illegal to sneak food in. What are they going to do, have you arrested for it? There is no law saying you can't bring food into theaters.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 4:15 pm

Yeah.

I smuggle lots of sweets, but eat them quietly. I don't like to pay that much. :)

I hate it when in the middle of the movie, some fat guy walks in late grazing and scoffing popcorn in his mouth blurting out "SORRY I'M LATE, WHAT DID I MISS?"

Funny to see that chubby man though. :D

KalahariMeerkat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2007, 4:44 pm

All the time. I'm not stupid to pay $10 for a thing of candy. I could write a book about it.

Once when I was little, they suspected my mom and me of smuggling food and tried to search our bags.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 4:45 pm

I walk in with food in my arms and eating and drinking as i walk in.
=
=As i walk out i have nothing so im asked what happened to all the stuff and I tole em the clangers had eaten them and wlaked away leaving a confused member of staff
=