Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 10:31 am

Yes. My ex was far too needy for someone like me to contend with, and we also had absolutely nothing in common.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 10:34 am

Overall, when all is said and done, I'd prefer to be single.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 10:51 am

I like being married better than being single. But I'm in a happy marriage. My previous marriage of 2+ decades had some good moments but ultimately I decided to leave it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Jan 2016, 10:53 am

For me, I'm just happy to be the way I am now. I'm almost 30, and now at peace with all that.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

madmick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2016, 10:59 am

I like being married. I never thought that I would get married but it happened. We don't want kids. We feel that people who have kids are like dogs if you know what I mean. We don't have the instinct.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 11:44 am

I never liked the relationships I was in, reassuring your partner gets tiring, and texting them all day is beyond pointless. Not to mention you can put a lot of time and energy into a relationship only to have them walk out at their convenience (and not see it coming).

I got someone pregnant just so I could have a kid (kind of a mutual 3 way decision), I like the current arrangement because there's no romantic relationship to crash and burn. We're on the same page of doing whatever is best for the kid. I've wanted to have a kid for at least 10 years because I want to do more than live for myself.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 12:52 pm

I am single and it is one of the important condition for my happiness.

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2016, 1:03 pm

Eeeh. I'm an isolated extrovert. So I think about the idea of having a partner a lot, especially when I am having night time anxiety. I get real bad anxiety at night time if I don't have someone around. We don't even need to be talking, I just need a presence.

But then again, even though I'm an extrovert, I still need a lot of space due to being on the spectrum.

But I remind myself that there's always people online willing to listen when I can't hang out with people. I also have conversations with my cat. He listens! I think it boils down to I'm the type of person who gets very anxious if I don't have someone I can talk with about what's been on my mind.

I'm probably not the healthiest person to be in a relationship with right now, so yeah, happier being single, although I do think about the ideal partner often.

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. - Lao Tzu

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 1:15 pm

I have a bit of the extrovert and a lot of the isolated, I get so tired after social interactions like it sucks all the energy outta me. :tired: I had one relationship that ended badly, so now in the autumn of my years I am just biding my time as best I can until I get to matriculate to the elysian fields.