Would you date someone you didn't want to marry?

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would you date someone you didn't want to marry?
Yes 66%  66%  [ 33 ]
No 34%  34%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 50

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 3:18 pm

Nope. Now it they had something that I was attracted to such as a great personality or the same beliefs, then I would because I might end up falling in love with them and then want to marry them. If I knew there just was no way I would ever want to marry them, then NO, I wouldn't keep dating them. It would be wasting both of our times. I might remain friends if they wanted that and do fun things together, but nothing more.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 3:52 pm

I would date, but no marriage, I also say never say never. What if you are dating Mr. Right. My mom told me you have to date ALOT like kiss a thousand frogs to find your Prince. I never dated before, but I talked to ALOT of men on dating sites, I don't know if that count.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 5:08 pm

Nope, I wouldn't.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 7:06 pm

Yes because I never want to get married :lol:

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2016, 1:22 am

nurseangela wrote:
Nope. Now it they had something that I was attracted to such as a great personality or the same beliefs, then I would because I might end up falling in love with them and then want to marry them.

Don't you have to fall in love before you start dating someone?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 2:25 am

Feyokien wrote:
I don't know. I'd have to know what kind of person I'd want to date first and who would even date me.

Scratch that, no I wouldn't. About marriage though, I dunno if I ever actually want to get married in the sense of the financial contract that most people do.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 2:36 am

Non_Passerine wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Nope. Now it they had something that I was attracted to such as a great personality or the same beliefs, then I would because I might end up falling in love with them and then want to marry them.

Personally I can't fall in love with someone I haven't dated (for a while) yet.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 3:54 am

No, and I wouldn't date (in the usual sense) anybody. I also wouldn't waste time on anybody I wouldn't consider material for a long-term relationship. Social games and flings never appealed to me.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 3:59 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Non_Passerine wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Personally I can't fall in love with someone I haven't dated (for a while) yet.

For me, it's more like I won't fall in love with anybody that is not appealing for a long-term relationship. I don't need dating to figure out if somebody is appealing for a long-term relationship. I would figure that out by how they behave towards me and others over time.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 8:19 am

Nope.

Naturally, getting to know said person prior to "dating" is how it goes. If people can't wait around being friends first, then they aren't that type of person anyway.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 2:07 pm

Well I think it would be sort of hard to determine if you'd want to commit to a relationship...let alone an official marriage without dating the guy first. I've never gotten involved with someone I for sure never would have considered marrying but that's not really on my mind in the beginning of a relationship. That seems like something that comes later on if you and your boyfriend/girlfriend decide you really do want to stay together and support each other.

With my current boyfriend I didn't know how things would go after our first date, I didn't even know if he'd actually end up being my boyfriend....let alone how long it would last if he was. But now its gotten serious enough we're both sure we want to be with each other and only each other and even talking about living together so eventually it might happen. If it did I imagine we'd skip the Christian esque ceremony and all that madness that goes with it, just figure out paperwork stuff lol.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2016, 12:43 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
With my current boyfriend I didn't know how things would go after our first date, I didn't even know if he'd actually end up being my boyfriend....

Don't you become boyfriend and girlfriend on the first date? That's news to me. If not, when is the "I now pronounce you boyfriend and girlfriend, you may kiss the bride" moment?

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2016, 4:56 am

I'm already in a relationship with several people that I don't intend to marry, but none the less... Yes, yes I have, and would, date someone I didn't intend to marry, but I have been, and will continue to be, upfront with them about this.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:03 am

Non_Passerine wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No. You date first.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2016, 7:07 am

nurseangela wrote:
Non_Passerine wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No. You date first.

To be fair, it could happen either way.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 8:40 am

If I ever find a woman willing to date me, I might then have an answer.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.