Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 6:54 pm

You did lots better than me!

When I was 9, my parents tried putting me in karate. I didn't take to it. I was clumsy. I was uncoordinated. I didn't get past white belt.

I think blue belt is pretty good. I think your parents should think so, too.

Have a mature talk with your mother. Tell her that you'd rather go for Tai Chi. How good is your relationship with your mother?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 7:01 pm

A lot of kids don't get past white belt!
I'm clumsy when it comes to voicing my feelings...hmm...maybe I'll write her a letter that she can read instead! I close with my mum, especially since I've had to take care of her, but on the flip side she worries about me a lot.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 7:06 pm

You're almost 18, and you've had to take care of your mother.

Your mother should respect you enough to allow you to make your own choices.

Have you begun to apply to Universities?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 7:08 pm

^Thanks for the great advice, Kraftie! :)
I've applied for Trent, which is in Peterborough, and I was accepted [I got the letter yesterday]!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 7:09 pm

I guess you're going to major in Creative Writing?

Congratulations on being accepted! Was this your first choice?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 7:16 pm

Yep, I'll do Creative Writing in English and quite possibly a course on death or metaphysics in Philosophy.
It was indeed my first choice!

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 11:41 pm

Wow...congrats on being accepted and studying creative writing!! That is so cool :)

BTW, I wish my rants were as calm as yours LOL

But if you choose to go to Tai Chi then you should be able to. Use Bruce Lee as a guiding example. He studied many martial arts. But, I do get how the expectations of others weigh upon you. I too succumb to that because I really hate conflict, never know how to simply advocate and it always turns into a mess with me.
55 years old and no better at those things than when I was 10.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm

The reason Tai Chi appeals to me is because I want to learn about Chi and creating energy fields and useful stuff like that. Plus I like soft, flowing, graceful movements [that's probably why I like dancing!]
Another thing that's troubling me more, though, is that I want to become a vegetarian but I don't think I'm getting enough Protein. I normally weigh 80 pounds, but lately my weight has been going down. The problem is that eating meat almost physically makes me sick and I feel so horrible afterwards [emotionally, that is].

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 7:43 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
The reason Tai Chi appeals to me is because I want to learn about Chi and creating energy fields and useful stuff like that. Plus I like soft, flowing, graceful movements [that's probably why I like dancing!]
Another thing that's troubling me more, though, is that I want to become a vegetarian but I don't think I'm getting enough Protein. I normally weigh 80 pounds, but lately my weight has been going down. The problem is that eating meat almost physically makes me sick and I feel so horrible afterwards [emotionally, that is].
Not sure how tall you are, but I do have to tell you that unless you are very short, you sound as if you could be emaciated. If you need protein, there are supplements and eat a boat load of beans.

It's not about meat vs plant for health. It's about the basic needs of minerals, proteins, carbs, etc. However it gets to your system, it's all good. Just don't depend on pills and vitamins. Try to get it all naturally (foods vs pills and supplements)

Tai Chi appeals to me for it's peaceful moves and approach. It actually is a martial art if you take it far enough.

As for energy fields and the actual Qi of Chinese beliefs, I can only tell you that I have seen things that do not match what conventional wisdom would allow. So, go for it bucko......

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 7:47 pm

^I'm quite short, barely over four feet or more. At least I think I am...I haven't measured myself in a while. Yes, beans. Beans are good. I like chickpeas best. I might pack chickpeas for lunch tomorrow.
I prefer drinking rather than eating [unless it's noodles and mushrooms or pie], so maybe I'll make a smoothie or something.
I use Chi/Qi a lot, actually, especially when I'm not feeling well. It works for me! :)

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 7:56 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^I'm quite short, barely over four feet or more. At least I think I am...I haven't measured myself in a while. Yes, beans. Beans are good. I like chickpeas best. I might pack chickpeas for lunch tomorrow.
I prefer drinking rather than eating [unless it's noodles and mushrooms or pie], so maybe I'll make a smoothie or something.
I use Chi/Qi a lot, actually, especially when I'm not feeling well. It works for me! :)
The only reason I type or write Qi instead of Chi is that I go with the proper Pinyin spelling. That is a romanized version of the Chinese words.

Try to get a variety of beans you like. Smoothies would be a good idea. You can flavor them the way you want. That's the best part about most beans. They have different textures, but their strong point is to take on other flavors. Try to get hot meals as that can kick start the digestion process.

The stupid thought that is running through my head is this: I have lost 45 or more pounds in the last year. Basically, almost one of you! LOL I've been carrying an extra person all this time LOL
Remember that all martial arts stress one common component: Breathing. Follow breathing exercises you learned in prior classes.
OOHH...try to make a bean pie?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm

Just checked...there is an official bean pie. It's a dessert. Not good for a regular diet.

But, I bet you could experiment with flavors and make a good bean pie. Beans tend to make me think of Tex-mex meals...maybe you could try something like that?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:48 am

I have chickpeas and a pumpkin seed butter and banana sandwich for lunch! :cheers:

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 12:51 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I have chickpeas and a pumpkin seed butter and banana sandwich for lunch! :cheers:

Sammiches are cool. I think everybody should eat sammiches.

That or 'fishsticks and custard'.......

10 points for who gets that.....

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 1:44 pm

^I do! I do! [It's actually fish fingers, which is a ridiculous name, in my opinion!] :D Of course, according to the Doctor, beans are bad, and bread and butter is so bad that he has to use it as a Frisbee. :lol: :lol:

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^I do! I do! [It's actually fish fingers, which is a ridiculous name, in my opinion!] :D Of course, according to the Doctor, beans are bad, and bread and butter is so bad that he has to use it as a Frisbee. :lol: :lol:

Sigh...out doctored..I shall never live it down LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13