Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 10:09 am

I need to lose weight for health reasons. It seems impossible. According to my BMI I need to weigh 130 pounds max if I remember correctly. I currently weigh 230. Is losing 100 pounds even possible?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2016, 12:56 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I need to lose weight for health reasons. It seems impossible. According to my BMI I need to weigh 130 pounds max if I remember correctly. I currently weigh 230. Is losing 100 pounds even possible?

It is possible. I have lost approx. 70 pounds in the last 2 years, and others have managed an even greater weight loss.

It would be a lie, however, to claim that it will be easy. Absent surgery, a weight loss in that category often requires a significant (and perhaps radical) readjustment of your diet and exercise habits.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2016, 11:51 pm

You might want to consider a vegan/vegetarian diet. Good for for weight, physical health and mental well being. First do some reading/ask questions on vegan/vegetarian websites.

Good luck!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 4:01 pm

I eat within my calorie range. I document everything I eat and if I doubt what I'm eating and it goes over my calorie limit for the day, I don't bother eating it. The reason I need to lose weight is that breast cancer runs in my family. My first goal is to lose to 210 and see how I feel. I think 100 is a bit much. Plus, I love clothes and would like to maintain my clothing size as well as health.

When I weighed 210 I was a size 18 in jeans and a size 2x or 3x in tops. I take a size 20 right now and still wear a 2x or 3x in tops. Everyone is built and shaped differently.

The vegetarian and vegan thing is fine and good but other than soda and the occasional junk food (which I have cut out from my diet) I eat correctly as far as I'm concerned. I don't eat healthy foods for just weight reasons I actually enjoy salads, I hate fast food, fried food sometimes bothers my stomach especially fast food and I drink more teas than I do coffee because I worry about my teeth. :) I love plums, celery, apples, pears and carrots. If anyone thinks all because I weigh 230 pounds because I eat too much or eat bad food all the time they are wrong.

I'm not saying that anyone doubts or is assuming that, I'm just clearing it up. :)

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 4:04 pm

I lost weight by fasting. I did it responsibly, though. No more than two days at a time. It can actually be good for the health, but not for everyone.

Strength training increases muscle mass, which causes the body to burn more calories. I find it much easier to do than dieting.