Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 9:17 am

Why do women not care 'what they say' whereas men are much more tactful/cautious when it comes to saying things that might effect someone's feelings?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 9:40 am

Jamesy wrote:
Why do women not care 'what they say' whereas men are much more tactful/cautious when it comes to saying things that might effect someone's feelings?
Are you referring to all women and men, or just the few that you know personally?

If it's all women and men, then I would like to know how you arrived at your conclusion.

If it's just the few women and men that you know personally, then maybe you should ask them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 11:10 am

I think you're making a bit of a generalization there.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 5:13 pm

If someone talks to you like this it is their form of bullying
They know they can get away with it, so they are free to take out their frustrations on you

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 5:27 pm

I wasn't aware of that stereotype. I don't think gender has much to do with it. Some people care, others don't.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 7:18 pm

I have seen zero evidence to suggest this.

Usually people who think they are tactful often aren't. Like the nice guy fallacy.

Sometimes if people are aren't blunt becuase are stuck the with the person not getting the message, and the person not getting the message is no less selfless.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm

Yeah man, not sure where you're getting that idea from. I mean, I'm a guy. I can be extremely tactful, but when I lose my temper, will unapologetically say the most vile, vulgar, personal things and challenge you to do something about it. I'm a real hot head when I get to that point.

My wife, is the opposite. She won't say anything. My mom, just like me. My stepdad, extremely tactful to everyone but his family when he's flipping out, then he's the most f****d up man I've known. My male cousin, hot headed like no one I've known. My mother-in-law don't care what she says.

There are no correlations I can draw from males/females and tactful/loudmouth. It seems to be all over the map. It's a self-control thing and a temper thing I think.