Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:09 am

Hi:
I was wanting to know how many of you have run into people who have no interest in cartoons, sci fi, or fantasy? While I don't have a problem with these types of people, I feel that most of them don't have a real creative side and an "Average" IQ. They would rather watch filthy movies and step on the nerds who create these master pieces.

WisteriaRaincoat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2016, 11:23 am

I know of a few that doesn't show any special interest in these categories that you mention, while i will not claim that most of these have an average IQ, i can agree with you that people who tend to even when you show them sci-fi movies etc. take a dislike to pretty much all of it, there does tend to be a pattern of a intelectual quality of the more average kind. But for others maybe they don't fall into this category per say, it could just be lack of knowledge, and not really a "plain" IQ. Either way, i am with you in that, in spite of people not taking liking in sci-fi etc. things that interests me, i don't take a dislike in them.. I just find them odd

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm

Perhaps I am mistaken but to me your post infers that anyone who is a fan of sci-fi and cartoons is automatically of superior intelligence to those who do not. :?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 1:54 pm

WisteriaRaincoat wrote:
I know of a few that doesn't show any special interest in these categories that you mention, while i will not claim that most of these have an average IQ, i can agree with you that people who tend to even when you show them sci-fi movies etc. take a dislike to pretty much all of it, there does tend to be a pattern of a intelectual quality of the more average kind. But for others maybe they don't fall into this category per say, it could just be lack of knowledge, and not really a "plain" IQ. Either way, i am with you in that, in spite of people not taking liking in sci-fi etc. things that interests me, i don't take a dislike in them.. I just find them odd

Yesterday I ran into one and they were very closed minded anything sci fi, fantasy or cartoons. They also seemed like a shallow type who only had an interest in partying, watching football. They said some other things that rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm

Actually, I know one person who doesn't like cartoons and sci-fi. She's an NT with a high IQ. She likes things that are realistic, only. It's as simple as that.

WisteriaRaincoat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2016, 2:41 pm

Yigeren wrote:
Actually, I know one person who doesn't like cartoons and sci-fi. She's an NT with a high IQ. She likes things that are realistic, only. It's as simple as that.

Yes to this, i've also seen this, these are more to me it seems of the philosophical types, thinkers.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 9:16 pm

Right there are NTs with very high IQs who dislike cartoons and other nerdy things and I should not have said that. The ones that I am talking about are the mediocre NT who dislikes creative things like that along with making it known that they are a miserable human being with an attitude.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 9:55 pm

I think really the major difference between people who like sci-fi, fantasy, and cartoons and those that don't is that those who don't aren't as imaginative or creative in general. They often can be more serious. And yes, there are some that are just not all that bright, also.

I find that my relative immaturity compared to NTs means that I still like all the fun stuff and have a lot more playfulness and creativity.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 6:57 pm

Well, none are genres I like for their own sake or as a 'fan', but nor do I dislike them on principle. That is, none would be a reason for me to try something out but, 'space opera' aside, none would put me off.

I mean, I'd probably think of myself who is indifferent to sci fi or cartoons, yet one of my favourite series ever is Futurama, a sci fi cartoon.

Something being an animation does not in any way mean I won't consider it or enjoy it, but nor would I call myself a 'fan' of cartoons. Simpsons up to season 10, Futurama, and my daughters have got me into Gravity Falls - all great. I've tried anime, but it just doesn't work for me.

Same goes for sci fi or fantasy. I'm not really into 'hardware' or alien worlds/space travel. Fantasy I have a bit more inclination towards (it has more aesthetic appeal), but there has been a phenomenal amount of dreck produced in both genres (as in all genres).

I like the weird and uncanny - a good ghost or monster story. And I like things - fiction and fact - that are psychologically interesting/perceptive.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.