Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

coolplace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2016, 9:38 am

I'm 25 years old and have never had a job. I'm feeling pretty bad about it all the time and figure I need I finally so looking for a job I would like to do (something in IT) and just get a job in anything possible.

I don't have a degree. What do you think I should go for?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 10:03 am

Food service, retail, gardening/lawn care, day-labor.

None of these require many skills, and most of the training is on-the-job.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

It's pretty much the usually entry level work in retail, restaurants, or warehouses. Forget about IT for a while. You'll have to have some kind of schooling or certification for that and that's not a job someone on the street can get that's for sure. But like most of us, you may have to pay your dues by working the low paying, less than desirable low skilled jobs but as long as you have long term goals, doing these jobs will give you work experience and character. You don't necessarily need to go to college for better jobs, there are a lot of trades out there that focus on one type of in demand skill. College is overrated, believe me.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."