Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Beard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2016, 9:50 am

Okay, so lately at work I've been missing tones. I've only really come to the realization that, omg tones mean certain things. I've figured out a lot of them (with help from friends). For example I can hear: care, don't care, true(freaking hard sometimes), you, sad, scared, mad, why, see, lie(super hard), know, don't know, dumb (I hate being called 'one') and sarcasm. Though sometimes I miss these 'normal' things that everyone else hears. I can read a face a mile away, understand body language. It's just when I miss these some things I feel less of a person. Worthless and makes me so depressed that I just want to leave this planet. Does anyone have any advice?

Acadiana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2016, 10:07 am

Beard wrote:
Okay, so lately at work I've been missing tones. I've only really come to the realization that, omg tones mean certain things. I've figured out a lot of them (with help from friends). For example I can hear: care, don't care, true(freaking hard sometimes), you, sad, scared, mad, why, see, lie(super hard), know, don't know, dumb (I hate being called 'one') and sarcasm. Though sometimes I miss these 'normal' things that everyone else hears. I can read a face a mile away, understand body language. It's just when I miss these some things I feel less of a person. Worthless and makes me so depressed that I just want to leave this planet. Does anyone have any advice?

I think this is a common Aspie trait? I have this too. Atleast you can read faces....me? Not so much. I miss a lot of social cues from ppl. Then, I get shunned. Happens over and over and over. I think a lot of women perceive me (a female) as snooty or standoffish because I am not great at small talk and often have trouble going up to them and saying hi.

You are not worthless! Nobody is worthless. You're are lucky that you have supportive friends. I don't even have that. :| But, I am ok with it. Lol.

AQ=38

Beard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2016, 10:12 am

The only reason I'm good at reading a face is because of the show lie to me( highly suggest it). Yeah its great to have friends, but even they jump in on the train at work and s**t. It irks me at work cause I can't just go hey, f**k the right off. Because I'm really a zero to a hundred type of person. And really that's not a good personality trait. But yeah, watch lie to me study it, s**ts op for us. Lol

Beard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2016, 10:16 am

Also, I've realized you don't even have to say hi to people. In the work place people just want to be recognized. eye contact and a quick raised brows works perfect.

Acadiana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2016, 10:18 am

Beard wrote:
The only reason I'm good at reading a face is because of the show lie to me( highly suggest it). Yeah its great to have friends, but even they jump in on the train at work and s**t. It irks me at work cause I can't just go hey, f**k the right off. Because I'm really a zero to a hundred type of person. And really that's not a good personality trait. But yeah, watch lie to me study it, s**ts op for us. Lol

What do you mean by the bolded line above?

AQ=38

Beard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2016, 10:26 am

I'll go from easy going to super pissed really fast.