Page 6 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 4:44 pm

First of all, where have I ever said we should ban guns? I've said repeatedly that I don't favor a gun ban. You don't even know what I think you're to busy projecting your fear onto me. Let me assure you I don't want to take your guns away nor do I want anyone else to do it.

Secondly if you think CNN if left leaning then you don't know what the left is. Mainstream television media is corporate leaning not left leaning.

Oh and the reason I keep bringing up Alex Jones is because you are saying the exact same things he says on his show and that gets disseminated through his "news" outlets. So even if you don't get your information directly from him you're parroting it pretty well. I've tried to understand your view but you just attack me for not believing your premise.

jwfess
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2016, 5:32 pm

sly279 wrote:
You don't get it. I'm against banking any type of gun any God dsm single gun. I'm against banning simi auto guns, bolt action guns, .50 cal guns. Any gun. Banning any gun is anti gun, banning any gun is a step towards banning all guns. So no I will never support Bernie never. He wants to ban the most common and order types of guns, he wants to band standard magazines for guns, he is anti gun and I'll never support an anti gunner if if if Bloomberg showed up at my door and offered me a billion dollars.

What a marvelous example of black and white thinking!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 5:37 pm

Quote:
First of all, where have I ever said we should ban guns?

By the sound of that I bet you favor some kind of restrictions above and beyond what we already have (i.e. high capacity magazine ban, "assault weapons" ban, or closing the gun show "loophole" to name a few of the more common ones).
"No one wants to take your guns" is the latest anti gun response to anything opposing gun control or questioning the motives of antis.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 8:02 pm

"No one wants to take your guns" is the latest anti gun response to anything opposing gun control or questioning the motives of antis.

No it's actually an old response to people who are entrenched in the idea that the big bad government is going to repossess everybody's guns despite all evidence to the contrary.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 3:32 am

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
..It seems you are hyper-focused on guns and whether intentionally or not are ignoring every single other economic, political and social issue.

I agree, I don't know sly's religious perspectives, but I sense that this an issue of utmost importance for him.

And I still have yet to hear any talk of banning guns across the board or sending the authorities around to collect peoples guns from any politicians on the left. So not sure where it is coming from that the whole left wants to ban guns across the board or how that is akin to the left being anti freedom and rights over all.

As much I wish to be a friend of Sly, I cannot agree with him that people are going to take his stuff. That notion is just a paper tiger, from my point of view.

I mean it is a little like someone take my synths like my Juno-60 and Roland JX-8P, no one is interested in taking them, in the same manner that no one is interested in taking Sly's stuff.

"...SSA, in consultation with the Department of Justice, is expected to require will cover appropriate records of the approximately 75,000 people each year who have a documented mental health issue, receive disability benefits, and are unable to manage those benefits because of their mental impairmen..."

Many vets have already had their guns taken away. Many Californians have already had their guns taken away, many New Yorkers have already had their guns taken away, etc. ssa recievers are just the recent in a long list to have their guns taken. But you won't believe it til my bloody dead and shot up body is on the news, quite sad.

Wake up pay attention, look around.

Bet people in uk and ausie were told the same . "No ones coming for your guns" until they came for their guns.

Many Jews never thought they'd kill people, until they did. People will blinding believe anything rather then accepts horrible things happen, until it happens to them.

Are you unable to manage your funds? That means people who are currently mentally unstable to the point they need other people to care for them and manage all their responsibilities, funds and such wouldn't be able to posses guns. Also though does it say if it would be for good, or would they potentially be able to get guns back should their condition improve?

Also it seems the U.K and Australia aren't exactly falling apart, certainly not anymore than this country in spite of their outlawing guns....also though they didn't have a constitution that guaranteed the right to guns, in this country they'd have to go through the cumbersome process of amending the constitution to change it.

And why would your bloody dead body be on t.v, you'd rather die than not have a gun if really came down to it?

"SSA, in consultation with the Department of Justice, is expected to require will cover appropriate records of the approximately 75,000 people each year who have a documented mental health issue, receive disability benefits, and are unable to manage those benefits because of their mental impairment, or who have been found by a state or federal court to be legally incompetent."

There are 3 reasons listed ther will add s person to the no buy list.

1.who have a documented mental health issue
Or. ---AND--
2. receive disability benefits, and are unable to manage those benefits because of their mental impairment
Or
3.who have been found by a state or federal court to be legally incompetent.

No. There are just 2. One and two are not separate things as you list them. Additionally, as previously mentioned, there is the ability, if you cannot manage your own affairs and thus are on the list, to request an exception.

This is not as keeps being stated a blanket take all guns away from everyone. And i have no idea what makes you think that America - a country that loves its guns - would for one minute sit idly by and let the government come door to door to round up all the guns as you postulate. No matter what the government wants or decides, that would never happen.

I also have to agree with Delta. This policy is not remotely in the line of the holocaust; to draw that comparison is too far.
I understand that you feel singled out and guns are your Ultimate focus, but taking someone's guns away Because they are legally incompetent or are mentally ill AND on disability AND have been found unfit to manage their own affairs does not remotely compare to, nor substantiate a call of "they came for the Jews..."

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 6:55 am

sly279 wrote:
You understand uk and Australia banned guns yes?

So when your side comes out and say I want us to do what the uk and Australia did. That's them saying we want to ban all guns. Don't be so daft

First, you can still get guns in the UK. There's some hoop-jumping, and choice is restricted, but you can get a gun. I think the farmer up the road from me owns one. There's just very little public interest in owning one.

Second, the UK had no such right to firearms as the US does, in either law or public sentiment, and there simply isn't the large public desire for guns themselves or demand for a right to their being owned, let alone the volume of guns and gun ownership.

I don't recall the public mood or legislation after the Hungerford massacre. I was too young. I do after Dunblane. Gun owners were pretty clearly told, 'we're coming for your guns'. You can still own a gun but again, there are heavy restrictions.

Our last gun mass/spree kill - conducted with legally owned firearms, and the first in the 14 years since Dunblane - was in 2010. In the near 20 years since Dunblane, 6 police officers have been shot dead, and I make it that about 40 people have been killed (shot or otherwise) by the police. In that time, UK population has been about 60 million, and US about 300 million, so you'd want to multiply those numbers by 5 to come to a rough equivalent of the future you fear.

It took me ages to try and understand the US mindset or situation around guns, because the UK mindset/situation simply does not compare. Then I figured it probably has the same meaning to a lot of the US as the National Health Service does to many in the UK.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 11:59 am

Lukeda420 wrote:

No it's actually an old response to people who are entrenched in the idea that the big bad government is going to repossess everybody's guns despite all evidence to the contrary.

The big bad government, or I should say its elected officials, have been pecking away at the right to bear arms piecemeal for generations. Sometimes successfully and sometimes not.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 7:14 pm

Neither. They are both war mongers.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"