How do you feel: friendship vs romance

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AhuraMazda
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jan 2016, 12:32 am

Hi, Im new here. Thought this would be the perfect place to ask about this. Emotions can be hard, so how do you know if your feelings for someone of the opposite sex are romantic in nature (assume you've known the person for at 5-7 years) or just those of friendship. I think I also have anxiety issues when it comes to socialization (especially with women) so that's a factor as well..... little help here? please?

zeertheseer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2016, 12:38 am

all honesty? I don't think men and women can ever truly be "just friends" usually one ends up liking the other. usually the guy, but sometimes its the girl. and 99% of the time its one sided, that is a sad opinion I live with. I try to avoid have girls that are friends because I end up liking them.

AhuraMazda
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jan 2016, 1:00 am

Maybe, maybe not. Still a valid point of view

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 4:14 am

Both could work as the very definition of unattainable to me. They make almost anything else look easy.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 6:26 am

I haven't had a male friend in about 20 years. I should temper that by saying I haven't had many friends since then. Before then I'd tend to have a set of 2 or 3 friends for a few years, before wandering off to another 2 or 3.

but one way to tell, I think, would be if you have feelings for them that you wouldn't have for a male friend. I think romantic feelings make themselves known by a certain yearning for the other, a preoccupation with them.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 9:11 am

If I wanted to be romantically with somebody, I would prefer to be romantically involved with that person. However, I have been able, in the past, to be friends with someone whom I desire.

There's always the solitude of your bedroom to satisfy your more "base" desires :wink: If the bedroom isn't private, there's always the bathroom.