Sexual intercourse if combined with oral sex is satisfying. 23%  23%  [ 11 ]
Intercourse is never satisfying. 30%  30%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 47

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 4:49 pm

Is this the same guy?

I don't know about this Ann. If you are not in the mood then don't have sex at all.

I know you see this as a reciprocal, but you expressed unhappiness at this sort of arrangement before.

People can form whatever arrangement they want. I'm social libertarian. Just wondering if you are falling into the same cycle. Are you going to get what you want out of the arrangement?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 8:36 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Is this the same guy?

I don't know about this Ann. If you are not in the mood then don't have sex at all.

I know you see this as a reciprocal, but you expressed unhappiness at this sort of arrangement before.

People can form whatever arrangement they want. I'm social libertarian. Just wondering if you are falling into the same cycle. Are you going to get what you want out of the arrangement?

Yes it's the same guy and the same situation. I guess I get what I need out of it in some ways. I just can't see sex as anything more than an assisted bodily function.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:16 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Yes it's the same guy and the same situation. I guess I get what I need out of it in some ways. I just can't see sex as anything more than an assisted bodily function.

Lol, I like that explanation.

Esme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2016, 9:24 pm

No, I've never had any desire for sex. As a child I had a curiosity about the scientific aspects and later on the psychological ones (I spent a lot of time reading up on Freud). But I never wanted to be physically involved myself. If someone told me I could never have sex again then it wouldn't bother me.

I have tried to find men who feel the same way, but they are extremely rare. I met and dated one briefly, but he said that dating me 'fixed him' and after a year he decided he wanted a normal sex life. I have resigned myself to the fact that men will want sex in return for their company and affection and I've decided that's a fair price.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 9:31 am

I wouldn't want to have sex with somebody who doesn't like to have sex.

This is because sex was forced upon me against my will a couple of times.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 11:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't want to have sex with somebody who doesn't like to have sex.

This is because sex was forced upon me against my will a couple of times.

Sorry

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 9:06 pm

I'm very confused about a few things and I would like as much help as I can to understand it.

Why would any of you trade sex for companionship? I can't imagine EVER doing something like that. It would feel like a violation of my entire being.

Also, why would any of you fake an orgasm? What's the purpose? How does someone fake an orgasm anyways?

I hope this doesn't sound rude at all. I'm a virgin and I don't understand why anyone would do this.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 9:32 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
I'm very confused about a few things and I would like as much help as I can to understand it.

Why would any of you trade sex for companionship? I can't imagine EVER doing something like that. It would feel like a violation of my entire being.

Also, why would any of you fake an orgasm? What's the purpose? How does someone fake an orgasm anyways?

I hope this doesn't sound rude at all. I'm a virgin and I don't understand why anyone would do this.

People have different needs and desires, some people desire companionship more than sex and vice versa. The key is finding a partner that values those two aspects at about the same level as yourself.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 10:39 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
Why would any of you trade sex for companionship?

Because I'm lonely.

inmydreams
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Apr 2016, 2:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was asking Esme. I know where you stand on this issue :P

(By the way, Ann, have you ever read J.D. Salinger's short story "To Esme, with love?")

Totally random but I named my daughter after that story...

But back to the sex thing... I think I used sex to get affection. I've only learnt to enjoy it for its own sake in the last few years. It felt like I reached my sexual maturity very late on! ☺️

spinelli
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2016, 9:31 pm

To the OP. You seem happy with the arrangement so hence no problem.

And not everyone enjoys sex. That's cool too.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm

spinelli wrote:
To the OP. You seem happy with the arrangement so hence no problem.

And not everyone enjoys sex. That's cool too.

Yeah...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This kind of relationship does make you become independent though.