sweden prepares itself for WWIII, hostilities with russia

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 6:20 pm

(clicky)Sweden girds itself for WWIII and defense of the homeland
my fear is that Russia and China will team up. magog, country of the north and all that. :o

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:34 pm

The locations referred to in Revelation are thought by some to actually mean what is now Turkey and Syria, including areas of Syria now controlled by Daesh. Syria has been an enemy of Israel for thousands of years, going back to when the Seleucids, a daughter kingdom of Alexander the Great's empire, tried to Hellenize the Jews by force. The "abomination of desolation" referred to in Daniel was most likely a statue of Zeus that the Seleucids installed on the Rock in the middle of the Temple. Turkey has also been an enemy of Israel at various points in history. The secularist govt established by Ataturk after WW1 has rapidly been giving way to Islamism.

Anyway, if Russia, China, and the USA go at it with nukes there likely won't be much left afterwards.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:38 pm

these are the "interesting times" that the ancient Chinese meant as a curse.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 10:27 pm

I personally have never been much of a believer in the future foretold in the book of Revelation. My own Lutheran tradition sees it as the happenings in the 1st century A.D., told in apocalyptic language in order to avoid charges of treason by the Roman state (calling Nero the Beast, 666, and all that), rather than prophecy of future times.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I personally have never been much of a believer in the future foretold in the book of Revelation. My own Lutheran tradition sees it as the happenings in the 1st century A.D., told in apocalyptic language in order to avoid charges of treason by the Roman state (calling Nero the Beast, 666, and all that), rather than prophecy of future times.

ok, can you tell me who you'd say "magog" is then? [iow who was it referring to back then?]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 10:54 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ok, can you tell me who you'd say "magog" is then? [iow who was it referring to back then?]

I will have to defer to my pastor. I will call him, and get back to you on that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 10:58 pm

:)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 7:02 pm

<--- Has been trying to understand war and man's violence against man for years but still doesn't get it. Maybe he is as thick as a brick as some people say.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 7:09 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Has been trying to understand war and man's violence against man for years but still doesn't get it. Maybe he is as thick as a brick as some people say.

the bulk of humanity is thick as a brick, impenetrable by logic, by any kind of reason. it will be the end of us. again.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 4:45 am

Sweden? Really?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm

why not?

hellowp
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Feb 2016, 2:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
(clicky)Sweden girds itself for WWIII and defense of the homeland
my fear is that Russia and China will team up. magog, country of the north and all that. :o

Why say WWIII though? This is not necessarily so.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 3:08 pm

the top general there believes it will be another world war.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 5:53 pm

Ah yes, a classic example of journalists misquoting people to an almost comical extent to get more views.

The actual, direct quote of the general's statement is "we could be at war within a few years". "Could". Nowhere (in the direct quote) does he say he "expects" it. There's a big difference. Pretty much any country could be at war within a few years and that is a possibility an army general must certain concern himself with, but the rest of us don't need to worry just yet.

Also, he did not say with whom they could be at war. It is, presumably, the journalist who inferred "Russia" from the general's mention of it elsewhere.

And so we get from "we could be at war within a few years... with someone" to "Sweden prepares for war with Russia! WW 3 is coming!" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 6:04 pm

I also think WWIII is possible...for a minute though I thought you meant like now, but article says in the next 3 years and sounds more like preparing for the possibility but not that they are for sure that it would occur. It does make sense to be prepared for it though as there is nothing to say it absolutely wont happen either.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 6:09 pm

when a general says "could," that is not something to take lightly.