Page 8 of 11 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Do you believe in reincarnation?
Strong "yes!" 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Strong "no!" 43%  43%  [ 22 ]
Eh, maybe it's possible... 45%  45%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 51

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 8:27 pm

Jakki wrote:
So the logic path i offered has no acceptance in viewers of this thread.
What you offered was not a "logic path", but a stroll through free association.
Jakki wrote:
Spock would be ashamed of this thread.
Spock was a fictional character.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 8:54 pm

auntblabby wrote:
what is really interesting is that in kirlian pics of amputated limbs and moth-eaten leaves, it shows the whole outline of the intact object whether leg or leaf.

That is interesting.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 9:06 pm

Fnord is there any unexplained human phenomena that you do not have a explanation for ? Astral projection or out of body experiences , clairvoyance, or a persons ability to forecast Unseen events with a great deal of accuracy .....
Or Telepathy ., Remote viewing ?

where ever you go ,there you are

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 9:31 pm

Jakki wrote:
Fnord is there any unexplained human phenomena that you do not have a explanation for?
If there is a human phenomenon for which I have an explanation, then it is not unexplained.
Jakki wrote:
Astral projection or out of body experiences , clairvoyance, or a persons ability to forecast Unseen events with a great deal of accuracy ... Or Telepathy ., Remote viewing ?
[color=black]All subjective experiences for which there is no valid evidence.  Even the best "psychics" are little more than con artists who know how to read a person, ask leading questions, make educated guesses, and tell their clients what they want to hear.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 9:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Fnord is there any unexplained human phenomena that you do not have a explanation for?
[color=black]If there is a human phenomenon for which I have an explanation, then it is not unexplained.

Don't get too comfortable
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26299061/

Skeptics have a habit of following mantras and not examining the data if it doesn't conform to their paradigm.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 10:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:
[color=black]If there is a human phenomenon for which I have an explanation, then it is not unexplained.

Skeptics have a habit of following mantras and not examining the data if it doesn't conform to their paradigm.

Title: "Evidence that suggest the reality of reincarnation"

The author made claims, but did not present any evidence.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 10:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:

The Cardena paper was also getting some attention:
https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2018-24699-001?doi=1

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 12:16 am

By Very Nature of the Human Mind
Those Most Systemizing are Least
Likely to Experience the Transcendent
And Actual Spiritual of Life Far beyond

Just Shells

Of Words

And Empty

Carrots and Sticks

For Rewards and Punishments

Again the Best Reincarnation is Living

Up to More oF All Our Human Potential

Spiritual Intelligences Taking Humans

Far Out of the Realm of only Illusions

Of Time, Distance, Space, and Matter

For By Very Nature, Science Itself And the
Scientific Method that is the 'Object Reality'
of Mechanical Cognition, Inhibits All Human
Abilities Social, Empathic, Artistic And Spiritual Intelligences...

i for one Surely Know the Difference, Moving From 45
on the SBC AQ Scan For Autism to 11; 195 to 92 on the
RDOS Aspie Quiz; Mid 50's to Mid 90's on the Emotional Intelligence
Quotient Test; And Moving from INTJ to ENFP Personality Assessment
As Well as 100 Percent Extroversion and Openness; and close to Zero
on Neuroticism; And surely Not Always Agreeable And Surely Not always
Conscientious For Multi-Tasking When i Am Laser Focused on Either Dance or Song or Both

As they
Tend
To Complement
Each Other as
An Orchestra
And Symphony Same...

But It's almost Impossible
to Understand unless one
Experiences Enough Challenges
in Life to Open Up Another Born
or Reborn Part of Human Potentials...

There was no Magic in My Life, Subjectively
SPeaKinG, Beyond Reason as the Most Real Part
of Life in my Systemizing Mechanical Machine Mind
of Before; Now everyday, is Practically a Miracle for
me in Comparison; but don't let me bore anyone in this space
again with all the Irrefutable Effects of My Real Life Experience...

i've Been Reincarnated
in this Life in many
Areas of Human
Potential too
many to
be worried
about this Life
as is as not being enough as Heaven now...

Lots of Blood, Sweat, and Tears to Get Here but IT IS REAL NOW.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 12:46 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:

The point is that skeptics label people who ask valid questions as "wacko", The author is just saying its valid and appropriate to explore reincarnation further.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 1:18 am

i believe dr. george ritchie MD was telling the truth.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 2:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:

The point is that skeptics label people who ask valid questions as "wacko", The author is just saying its valid and appropriate to explore reincarnation further.

You're confusing skeptics with hecklers. Although one can be both, that doesn't mean skepticism is synonymous with heckling.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 5:33 am

Skeptics are often hecklers but they serve a purpose

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 7:57 am

cyberdad wrote:

I remember watching a fair amount of James Randi's presentations several years ago and actually admiring some of it - particular there was some hot new idea in the UK that they'd use graphology for screening job applications. I'd say the same for a lot of the popular psychic mediums, miracle workers, and people who could do their own epiricism and ended up mistaking some combination of fantasy and social fluidity in other people for results. To the degree that psychic mediums can hit above random chance they have to know their terrain well enough not to make outsized claims and IMHO it's an important corrective if they get too far out over their skis because it distorts public perception of what these phenomena are and particularly its dangerous I think when people get the impression that it's a continuation of the Christian notion that the 'outside' world is omniscient - outside of texts of the Manichean variety that make the universe a simple battle of good vs. evil there's little or no evidence that this is the case.

At least from the standpoint of someone whose had enough experiences of the sort that a person's not supposed to be able to have and coming from the position that these things are, at base line, 'real' it means that it's really important to weed the credulity out of the conversation. Vapid new agers and 500% convinced materialists are sort of the low-grade ends of the discussion. What I've always loved when I've found it here were the handful of materialists who were at least curious enough to explore the boundary space in detail and also assume good faith on my part that I was doing my best to refine my views on things and change my mind when one set of facts or another previously unknown to me came to light. A good example of that on Youtube is you had a couple young professors, Matt Segall and Corey Anton having discussions around these topics, Matt tends in the panpsychist direction and Corey in the physicalist but seeing depth direction. Those are the kinds of discussions that are worth tuning in on because everyone's actually learning something and the information going back and forth is high quality.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 8:20 am

I WISH I could believe I will come back as the person who cured cancer.

If there’s reincarnation, you probably don’t have a choice in the matter...if the gods want your soul to fill the body of a grasshopper, so be it.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 9:04 am

I seem to have vauge recollections of having been a newt. A dandy brown one with red speckles.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 12:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Skeptics are often heckled for no good purpose.