Does anyone ever feel like Data or Spock from Star Trek?

Page 8 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 7:21 pm

When I am being asked for emotional validation, for what I consider to be a logic problem, I have a saying --
"How would Spock answer."

I think of the Plato's Stepchildren episode, because he is physically capable of expressing emotion, but it causes mental strain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato%27s_Stepchildren

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 8:48 pm

zkydz wrote:
For instance, when Talia Winters got her conditioning accidentally broken early and it turned out she was a sleeper agent for the Shadows, it was foreshadowed in the comic.

Ehm, I thought it was a sleeper agent for psi-corps. If I remember the series correctly.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 8:51 pm

Sigbold wrote:
zkydz wrote:
For instance, when Talia Winters got her conditioning accidentally broken early and it turned out she was a sleeper agent for the Shadows, it was foreshadowed in the comic.

Ehm, I thought it was a sleeper agent for psi-corps. If I remember the series correctly.

I thought it was a faction of the psy-corp loyal to the shadows.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 9:16 pm

zkydz wrote:

Did some reading on the b5-wiki, and it seems the sleeperprogram is linked with black-ops organisations within both Earthgov and the Corps.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 5:34 am

Sigbold wrote:
zkydz wrote:

Did some reading on the b5-wiki, and it seems the sleeperprogram is linked with black-ops organisations within both Earthgov and the Corps.
It's been a long time, but in the comic, there was a last page where they were taking a 'doped up' or 'out of it' Talia somewhere with a shadow ship leaving Mars.

And it was shown that Earth Gov, and as such Psy-Corp, had factions loyal to the Shadows. They'd propped up a lot of people by way of elevating their power, and those people were all through the government.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 5:45 am

OK, I knew there was something about people in EArthgov being manipulated and guided by shadows:

Quote:
However, despite the successful opening of Babylon 5, trouble was brewing within the Earth Alliance. A growing number of people within Earthgov - including high-level politicians, generals, and members of PsiCorps - became determined to sabotage the Babylon Project. These people were deeply suspicious of alien races (especially the Minbari) and wanted Earth to become more isolationist and xenophobic. Eventually this group was aided by a mysterious man named Morden, who spoke for an ancient and extremely powerful alien race known only as the Shadows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_All ... bylon_5%29

It's in the part called "Rise of a Dictatorship."

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 8:05 am

What's Babylon 5 all about, anyway? I've only watched the first couple episodes with my mum.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 8:15 am

zkydz wrote:
OK, I knew there was something about people in EArthgov being manipulated and guided by shadows:

I know about Morden. And people in Earthgov where being manipulated by the Shadows. However like I said I could not find a link between the sleeper program and the Shadows. Alto members of those black-ops groups seems to have been present when they wanted to control a shadow ship themselves. However I know remember that one psi-cop being present when that senator briefed Morden.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:07 am

Test reply
Damned things won;t let me post the actual reply I had written. It says I've been blocked.

And, I'm not getting updates on any threads I participate in.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:14 am

I too thought that PSI Corps interest was in using Shadow technology for themselves.

Skitty, B5 is a space station, the 5th of its kind. The first 4 were blown up or disappeared without a trace (Babylon 4). The station’s mission is well described in its season 1 intro. As the story progresses, we learn of the great war that took place 1000 years ago, and that the ancient enemy is gathering its forces again, as described in the intro of season 3.

Babylon 5 really captivated me when it was first aired, and it was an obsession of mine when I was 19. I still think it’s really good.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:17 am

zkydz wrote:
Test reply
Damned things won;t let me post the actual reply I had written. It says I've been blocked.

And, I'm not getting updates on any threads I participate in.
That's a glitch that happens. I've gotten it too.
And occasionally there are some topic reply notifications I don't receive.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:19 am

I had a really nice reply that the system won't let me post for some reason.

I don;t want to post a link to the text as that would circumvent anything that has been put here. I don;t know why it's blocked, but until I know why, I'm not sure what is the problem.

So, I hope nobody get's ticked...I'm going to try in sections.

(Part1)

Sigbold wrote:
zkydz wrote:

I know about Morden. And people in Earthgov where being manipulated by the Shadows. However like I said I could not find a link between the sleeper program and the Shadows. Alto members of those black-ops groups seems to have been present when they wanted to control a shadow ship themselves. However I know remember that one psi-cop being present when that senator briefed Morden.
I've been trying to find the comic that had that image. It solidified that there was an actual 'shadow' government (Never put that one together before) making these things happen behind the scenes and they were being led by the shadows. As in all cases, any government will have those in agencies who are loyal to them.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:20 am

Part 2

The premise was that the Vorlons and the Shadows were the last of the 'ancient ones' still shepherding the lower races. They were junior to the 'first one' who saved Sheridan by imparting a bit of his own life force.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:22 am

Part 3

The Vorlons believed in using gentle guidance and the Shadows believed in growth through adversity. They had been manipulating the young races into fighting a 'proxy war' of philosophy for millennia.

They both infiltrated governments and civilizations to hold sway. That's why the Vorlons always appeared as a specific type of 'heavenly host' to any race that saw them when not in their 'containment suits'. They'd both been guiding races openly using that form of sway where the shadows were purveyors of power and conflict and used those dreams of power to seduce and sway leaders while the Vorlons used different methods, but no less insidious.

In a way, it was a classic re-framing of biblical structure, good vs evil, light vs dark.

But, I wish I could find that comic book to show the page. The Comic was Canon as it was designed to specifically fill in those gaps.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:23 am

Sorry for that. I found the 'offending line' but it still makes no sense. I notified a mod with all the details. I have no idea what was in that one line that would block the reply.

Ugggghhhh...

And, I am getting no reply notifications. I haven't turned anything off.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13