Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

schots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2016, 7:40 pm

Nearly every single time i play video games, mainly FPS's (COD) I start sweating like a ... then my arms can start to shake a little. Its like I get massive adrenalin rushes. I'm not a new player, I've racked up hundreds of hours, happens all the time. On the flip side I can go for a run and be barely/not sweating.

Does anyone else get this, is it just a by-product of my anxiety (GAD)?

Any input/opinions would be good

Cheers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 8:17 am

Video games always cause anxiety in me due to sensory overload. Fast heartbeat, sweating, shaking. So I have hardly ever play them. I do play LOTRO regularly since November. But it is a very easy going game. At least the way I play it. But it can still overwhelm my senses sometimes.

Also basically in a lot if games you're often in a situation where you're "fighting for your life" so I don't see any reason why that couldn't trigger an anxiety attack when you have GAD. I have always had GAD and have had anxiety attacks just kicking back watching cartoons.

schots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2016, 7:14 pm

Never really considered sensory overload. I am a New-ish aspie, I didn't consider myself overly affected by sensory stuff but I guess I'm learning about myself! Thanks .

Maybe thinking about it now that's why i don't like being in big groups - I would try to read everyone and hear all the conversations at once, but then would just kind of end up being in my own head and not interacting.

TechnicallyCalm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2016, 6:13 pm

I used to sweat a lot when I played videos games when I was younger, but it depended on the game. I could still play normal games and sweat very little or none at all. The game I played when I was younger was Super Smash Bros. Melee. And it usually happened when I was playing against another person.

Now that I started mentioning it, I tend to still get those reactions nowadays. I have autism but have only been diagnosed for about 3 to 4 years now. What tends to happen nowdays (maybe what happened then and I just didn't notice it), is my heart starts to pound in my chest, I start to feel lots of stress and I start to sweat and my legs start to shake up and down. This usually only happens when I am going good in a game and what to keep it going, am trying to reach a goal, achievement or trophy, when I get trapped in an area and try to fight and stay alive in the game. These are just my own personally experiences and only now think they are related to my anxiety and autism.