flashback(s) an elephant restrained by a string.......

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2007, 11:46 pm

I recently started getting flash backs of things in my childhood, some which range from disturbing to aspie like traits which have helped me to come to my self diagnosis. I discovered about year ago that i had a "tic" as a child which would cause me to mummer three words of profanity and make a low pitched hummm for about a second. The next was of a picture my family took from which i was the only one looking away from the camera.

A few weeks ago i remembered back to a time in which a supposed friend tried to make sexual advances towards me in my house and then moments after would talk to my father as if nothing had happened. I dont understand how or why i couldnt remember this which happened on seperate occasions midway in adolesence, 15-16 i think. I can also remember a time this kid kept punching me to try and get me to hit him back on the bus home from school, and i just couldnt force myself to fight back. Even though i was much larger in both instances i felt like in some way they were so frail in comparsion and i had deserved what was happening for being who i was. i couldnt find logic in hurting someone whom i consider a friend no matter how much they hurt me......i guess that is why ive come to this passive aggressive state that i am currently in at the moment. wanting to forgive but remembering these events accompined with the child abuse i recieved at home made me question my loyality and my eagerness to give my friendship to just anyone. i guess thats life though and i just have to deal with it...

does anyone feel like this as well....

Last edited by bizmack on 19 Apr 2007, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2007, 12:06 am

uh that sounds like tourettes,

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2007, 12:17 am

as i thought as well....but a tic is quite similar and has been linked with AS...

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 5:10 am

The passivity, reasoning, and memories are something I have had. I agree though, that the tic with profanity is tourettes. That doesn't exclude AS, but it also doesn't support it.

Steve

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2007, 1:44 pm

bizmack wrote:
as i thought as well....but a tic is quite similar and has been linked with AS...

Could be bizmack, I have periods of vivid remembering of things, that happened to me, the problem is the good comes with the bad memories

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 5:36 pm

Was that your only tic? If so, I don't think it can be Tourette's. Tourette's requires you to have multiple motor tics and one or more vocal tics that occur many times a day for over a year for diagnosis.
Feeling compelled to blurt out obscenities is officially called "coprolalia" by the way, in case you were curious. It's actually pretty uncommon, even in Tourette's. You're lucky you don't still have it though, in any case.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2007, 5:50 pm

LostInSpace wrote:
Was that your only tic? If so, I don't think it can be Tourette's. Tourette's requires you to have multiple motor tics and one or more vocal tics that occur many times a day for over a year for diagnosis.
Feeling compelled to blurt out obscenities is officially called "coprolalia" by the way, in case you were curious. It's actually pretty uncommon, even in Tourette's. You're lucky you don't still have it though, in any case.

yeah luckily it was, or at least that was all i could remember...from the little research ive done about it sometimes people just grow out of it...

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 5:54 pm

whats "passive aggressive" i heard this used to describe ppl, and it seems like an oxymoron to me.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 6:24 pm

Passive Aggressive usually refers to a type of behavioral pattern in which you resist something through means which avoid direct confrontation.

Things such as not wanting to go to a party so you take a long time to get ready so you miss your ride and dont have to go or you make your girlfriend/boyfriend angry at you so they will break up with you on purpose because you dont want to have to confront them and tell them you dont want to go out with them anymore would be considered passive aggressive behavior.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2007, 11:48 pm

Fraya wrote:
Passive Aggressive usually refers to a type of behavioral pattern in which you resist something through means which avoid direct confrontation.

Things such as not wanting to go to a party so you take a long time to get ready so you miss your ride and dont have to go or you make your girlfriend/boyfriend angry at you so they will break up with you on purpose because you dont want to have to confront them and tell them you dont want to go out with them anymore would be considered passive aggressive behavior.

I couldnt have said it any better...

ilikebeer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2007, 1:51 am

When my belly starts a-rumblin'
and I m Jonesin' for a treat,
I close my eyes for a big surprise
the Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch

I love the Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch
The breasts they grow on trees
and streams of bacon ranch dressing
flow right up to your knees

There s tumbleweeds of bacon
and cheddar paves the streets
Folks don t front ya 'cause you got the juice
there's a train of ladies coming with a nice caboose never get in trouble, never need an excuse
That s the Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch

I love the Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch
No one tells you to behave (behave)
Your wildest fantasies come true
Dallas cheerleaders give you shaves

Red onions make you laugh instead
and french fries grow like weeds
You get to veg all day
all the lotto tickets pay
there s a king who wants you to have it your way,
That's the Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch
the Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch