Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:46 am

Just popping in to say that normies' social games are exhausting. It is a pain to even try to participate on their forums because they are constantly trying to pwn each other, think that half of what everyone says is meant to make them feel bad, and they often don't take others' ideas seriously and make sarcastic remarks instead of useful replies.

The lack of social games is the best thing about WrongPlanet.

And in case anybody cares, I don't have Asperger's. I was diagnosed with an auditory processing deficit several months after I stopped coming here. There's no option for that on our profiles, and I'm definitely not selecting "Neurotypical."

Stay cool. 8)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:51 am

starkid wrote:
Just popping in to say that normies' social games are exhausting. It is a pain to even try to participate on their forums because they are constantly trying to pwn each other, think that half of what everyone says is meant to make them feel bad, and they often don't take others' ideas seriously and make sarcastic remarks instead of useful replies.

The lack of social games is the best thing about WrongPlanet.

And in case anybody cares, I don't have Asperger's. I was diagnosed with an auditory processing deficit several months after I stopped coming here. There's no option for that on our profiles, and I'm definitely not selecting "Neurotypical."

Stay cool. 8)

hi :D
easier than buying bread
dx-es over there,
spreading the norm
of re-normalising

(short of i don't think so)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 5:01 am

Yeah too often on the gaming forum it's all about scoring points with clever witticisms, instead of actually getting to the point or making a point. And be sure go toss in as many obscure terms and acronyms as possible. Then pat themselves on the back.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 2:06 pm

Quote:

This description seems common on wp too.
Lots of people seem to think that what others say is meant to make them feel bad.
There are sometimes sarcastic remarks instead of useful replies, probably more so when people are arguing with each other, but it's a ploy that people use here too.
Maybe less pwning, other than in IQ threads, which are many.
Other eggsamples of social games are common too.