Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

donaar
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2016, 9:41 am

When I ask people to describe me in one word most say that I'm "eccentric" or nerdy

Aq: 37

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 9:47 am

I wouldn't mind it if people described me as "eccentric" or even "nerdy."

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 9:49 am

I would describe my family as eccentric. :lol: People often say that I am kind and quiet and cheerful.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

GarTog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2016, 10:29 am

Intriguing. Intimidating. Intense. Interesting. Incorrigible.

BornToBeWeird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2016, 3:05 pm

By those who I do not know me very well, I am often described as quiet and awkward. People often do not have many other opinions of me in the beginning as I appear very subdued. I find that this is an accurate description, as with new people I tend to simply sit back and listen rather than contributing to the conversation, or, when I do contribute, my anxiety often prevails and I appear awkward.

Those who know me well tend to describe as loud and eccentric, basically the opposite of how I appear around new people. I would still consider myself awkward with my friends, but they do not seem to think so. Perhaps it is because they do not realize my internal struggle to carry on a conversation due to my ability to exclaim random statements during moments that would present themselves as awkward silence with those I do not know well. Hence, what causes me to be eccentric with my friends tends to make me awkward with strangers, as I am not comfortable with appearing "weird" so early on with someone.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 4:08 pm

Quiet, a bit reclusive, articulate, intelligent (I don't see it but I'll take the positive comment)

Rosary
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2016, 8:15 pm

Kind, funny, shy, a loner. :)

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 9:28 pm

When I worked retail, my boss, who was kind of a neo-hippy, told me I was "very Zen" -- in the context of that I concentrated on one thing very well....but only that one thing. I couldn't split my attention in several directions like she needed me to. The conversation was about how I focus too much on the one thing I'm doing and forget to keep an eye on the rest of the store. Some kid had just stolen a watch while I was gift-wrapping a customer's purchase. :( "Very Zen" was her way of sugar coating "Can't multi-task."

Socially, I've been told I'm "bubbly." That's when I've been over-compensating for feeling the opposite: anxious, not knowing anyone, nervous about actually getting to talk to anyone....then talking too much....Because when I was a kid I was "too shy." In trying to overcome my "shyness" I can tend to be too talkative and forward instead. I still don't often get the balance right when forced to interact with people I don't know well.

I was told "intelligent" but only when I was a child. As I got older people started thinking I was stupid instead.

Then one particularly mean co-worker said "People think you're stupid because of the way you look." I STILL have NO idea what in the name of hell that was supposed to mean.

If you have a problem with something I post, something I believe, something I do or say, something in my sig, or something I am stupid enough to share that I'm struggling with and being caused pain by -- TELL ME TO MY FACE so that I can defend myself, instead of see you make a mockery of or a dig about it later.

On the other hand, friends will never need an explanation, and enemies bent on disliking me will never accept one.

ASD Level 1, PTSD. Plus anxiety with panic attacks, mild sub-clinical situational depression -- and a massive case of sheer freakin' BURNOUT.

~ ~ ~

alk123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2016, 2:26 am

Quiet, reserved, very articulate, deep thinker, serious.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 2:43 am

I really wouldn't know how people would describe me.

I kind of ease my way in with people so I don't get too much of a negative reaction and so they feel easy around me and that's about as good as it gets for me.

But I don't know if they have an opinion about me and I don't generally have an opinion about anyone else.

Woof Woof! Cheep Cheep!

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2016, 3:33 pm

People describe me as weird, and sometimes "scary", although the scary thing is only because someone spread a rumor around school about me worshipping Hitler (I DO NOT). I think the rumor was spread because my special interest is German, and Germany. I find it very sad that people still connect Germany with Hitler. :cry:

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 3:34 pm

Big, German, Big Crout. That sort of thing.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 3:47 pm

Kraut.....as in sauerkraut.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Kraut.....as in sauerkraut.
Only if in a sour mood...urrr urrr urr

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm

Sauerkraut is very New York---and it's usually too sour for me.