Page 1 of 41 [ 642 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 2:52 pm

Have any views that most people disagree with? Post them here.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 4:16 pm

I am a strong proponent of gun control. I loathe guns with all my heart. The U.S. needs to do something about them now.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 5:05 pm

Compared to those on WP???
EVERYTHING!! ! I AM POLITICALLY YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE FOR PRESIDENT!! ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 5:28 pm

I believe in a hand-up, not a hand out
I believe in a social safety net, not a hammock
I am pro-gun
I believe in getting the US out of the UN and getting the UN out of the US
I believe in sensible government spending

That's enough for now...

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 5:49 pm

I sometimes wish US political parties didn't exist. I also want more action and less BS from politicians. I'm tired of this petty fake game.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 5:58 pm

I believe white male privilege exists.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

I believe being a white male is the most disadvantaged position in America...

I also believe fully in the New World Order.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 6:50 pm

I've come to realize that infant circumcision is a violent, unethical act.

I don't believe in voting for president since money and media ultimately decides the winner. A single vote for president doesn't count practically ever (for all practical purposes never).

I think health care should simply be free for everyone.

I don't believe that all terrorists are evil.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 6:50 pm

Hmm, let's try a fun one:

I believe if it's cheaper to pay criminals to behave than to pay police to arrest them and prisons to house them, we should just pay them and cut out the middlemen.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 6:57 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Hmm, let's try a fun one:

I believe if it's cheaper to pay criminals to behave than to pay police to arrest them and prisons to house them, we should just pay them and cut out the middlemen.

The flaw with this is too many will sign up for this. I mean some of these criminal get locked up on purpose, because it is bed and food.

I do agree it would be easier to make hard drug use legal and control the supply to actually help these people. We waste a massive amount of money on the war on drugs.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 7:00 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
The flaw with this is too many will sign up for this.

Shh, I'm sneakily arguing for a guaranteed minimum income... :lol:

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 7:03 pm

Dox47 wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
The flaw with this is too many will sign up for this.

Shh, I'm sneakily arguing for a guaranteed minimum income... :lol:

Abolish employment, in favour of free agency/contract work. :lol:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 7:09 pm

I don't believe that government debt is magic. In fact I'm pretty sure we're creating an absolute nightmare for future generations that we may well live to see the results of.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2016, 7:39 pm

>Inb4 the firestorm.

Hm, it's hard for me to strictly post any unpopular views, since most of my opinions are usually generally agreeable by the majority of people (at least in specific areas of the internet). My general views on politics usually stand as;

- People should have the freedom to say what they want, no matter who it offends. That's free speech. I think political correctness is severely damaging freedom of expression, and revere anybody who ever speaks incredibly controversial political views.

- I believe women are coddled in society far more than men. I hear the term "white privilege" a lot. I think there's more such a thing as women's privilege.

- I think the left is now far more corrupt than the right. I say that with great shame, being a lefty (and quite far left, at that).

- I think all first world nations should disassociate themselves from any conflicts in the middle East.

- I believe in anthropogenic climate change (this has actually become a rather unpopular view).

- I believe Islam is dangerous

That's all for now. 8)

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2016, 7:42 pm

Grammar Geek wrote:
I am a strong proponent of gun control. I loathe guns with all my heart. The U.S. needs to do something about them now.

I don't think that's strictly unpopular, though I know there are many who will fight you to the death for the sake of freedom to wield a firearm.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 8:02 pm

Not entirely sure what counts as 'unpopular'. But.

I think there desperately needs to be new ideas around work, ultimately resulting in more people doing less work. Some jobs probably can't be shared all that easily. An awful lot of them can. For this to, uh, work, there needs to be a better distribution of wealth.

I think a 'work ethic' makes little sense in an age of increasing mechanisation, and speaks more to a sort of politically useful masochism than anything worthy.

I worry that the economy in general, and the stock market in particular, runs on the same principle that leads to the idea that planes only stay in the air due to collective belief/will from the passengers, or indeed, 'I DO believe in fairies! I DO believe in fairies!', but that when it all goes belly up, there are very real material consequences.

I believe in a much stronger state in terms of social provision; that the market fails people, rather than people fail the market.

I am against the praising of the military, and of recent moves to brand them 'heroes'.

That'll do for now.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.