Page 40 of 41 [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 9:15 pm

I don't really care for the smell of pot.

But I believe law enforcement wastes valuable time and resources in enforcing marijuana laws.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 10:00 pm

BlasphemousDoggy wrote:
pcuser wrote:
BlasphemousDoggy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm pro-choice. I don't really like abortion too much. They should ban second and third trimester abortions.

If I were given a choice as a human being, I would rather be born and get adopted/live in foster care than to die before I even experienced life.

See I am pro-choice too but at the same time I don't think abortion is something that people should take lightly. There are a lot of legitimate reasons why a woman should be allowed to have an abortion (critical health problems for both mother and baby, getting conceived by rape, a very young girl who made a mistake and doesn't deserve to have her life ruined, etc) and frankly adoption isn't all that it's cranked up to be I heard that some places these days refuse to even let a woman give up her unwanted baby for adoption and will force her to keep it because they think they can make her be a mother. But at the same time abortion is what it is (so is the death penalty and war I mean I'm just sayin) and it really sickens me when people make light of that sort of thing.

Also another unpopular political view I have is about marijuana. I'm sorry but I refuse to buy into all the hype about this stuff being a safer recreational drug than tobacco I don't care if it gets legalized or whatever but that doesn't mean I have to start using it just because other people are using it because they believe all the bull about it being some kind of new harmless miracle drug. I feel like any kind of addictive substance can be harmful in the longrun especially if it is something you end up having to waste good money on just to support your addiction (that is exactly why I never started smoking or drinking).

I believe that most people who are pro-choice understand it isn't something to be taken lightly. However, a woman has all the rights to her body. As for marijuana, you are mistaken. It isn't addictive and nobody is saying it is a safe harmless drug. But again it's my body and if I use it responsibly, I should have that right. Nobody is going to force you to use it. It is safer than alcohol, which is addictive. I use it strictly for medicinal reasons for the problems autism can cause with sleep and anxiety. There are also young children who are alive and thriving because marijuana resolves there fatal seizure disorders that would ultimately kill them. It also shows signs of relieving PTSD. You need to research your claims before putting false claims out there. By the way, I don't like feeling high, but it makes quite a difference for me and how I feel.

OK first of all I happen to know for a fact that it can become an addiction just like any other drug or non-drug related habit (like gambling, sex, texting, or even food which I myself struggle with as a real addiction) so don't even think of trying to win that kind of argument on me.

Secondly I am actually supportive of it being used for legitimate medical purposes and I really don't even care about people using it for recreational purposes regardless of it being legal or illegal (I really am all about live and let live). But my decision to not use it or be trusting of it should be MY CHOICE and I feel like I should have a right to say that out loud without being put down for it.

Frankly I stopped giving a hoot about what the world thinks of my opinions a long time ago because I actually enjoy being a non-conformist and doubting everyone and everything around me. :D

This isn't about winning. Addiction has a definition and marijuana doesn't satisfy that definition. So, that's that. Nobody is suggesting that you must use it, legal or not. We are currently still locking people up in this country for weed. That's counterproductive and a disgrace. And the trouble with your idea about legitimate medical purposes is faulty because we haven't been able to study it because of it's insane schedule. We are only now beginning to study it. However, those children I cited were saved marijuana. That is also a fact...

BlasphemousDoggy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2016, 10:30 pm

pcuser wrote:
BlasphemousDoggy wrote:
pcuser wrote:
BlasphemousDoggy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm pro-choice. I don't really like abortion too much. They should ban second and third trimester abortions.

If I were given a choice as a human being, I would rather be born and get adopted/live in foster care than to die before I even experienced life.

See I am pro-choice too but at the same time I don't think abortion is something that people should take lightly. There are a lot of legitimate reasons why a woman should be allowed to have an abortion (critical health problems for both mother and baby, getting conceived by rape, a very young girl who made a mistake and doesn't deserve to have her life ruined, etc) and frankly adoption isn't all that it's cranked up to be I heard that some places these days refuse to even let a woman give up her unwanted baby for adoption and will force her to keep it because they think they can make her be a mother. But at the same time abortion is what it is (so is the death penalty and war I mean I'm just sayin) and it really sickens me when people make light of that sort of thing.

Also another unpopular political view I have is about marijuana. I'm sorry but I refuse to buy into all the hype about this stuff being a safer recreational drug than tobacco I don't care if it gets legalized or whatever but that doesn't mean I have to start using it just because other people are using it because they believe all the bull about it being some kind of new harmless miracle drug. I feel like any kind of addictive substance can be harmful in the longrun especially if it is something you end up having to waste good money on just to support your addiction (that is exactly why I never started smoking or drinking).

I believe that most people who are pro-choice understand it isn't something to be taken lightly. However, a woman has all the rights to her body. As for marijuana, you are mistaken. It isn't addictive and nobody is saying it is a safe harmless drug. But again it's my body and if I use it responsibly, I should have that right. Nobody is going to force you to use it. It is safer than alcohol, which is addictive. I use it strictly for medicinal reasons for the problems autism can cause with sleep and anxiety. There are also young children who are alive and thriving because marijuana resolves there fatal seizure disorders that would ultimately kill them. It also shows signs of relieving PTSD. You need to research your claims before putting false claims out there. By the way, I don't like feeling high, but it makes quite a difference for me and how I feel.

OK first of all I happen to know for a fact that it can become an addiction just like any other drug or non-drug related habit (like gambling, sex, texting, or even food which I myself struggle with as a real addiction) so don't even think of trying to win that kind of argument on me.

Secondly I am actually supportive of it being used for legitimate medical purposes and I really don't even care about people using it for recreational purposes regardless of it being legal or illegal (I really am all about live and let live). But my decision to not use it or be trusting of it should be MY CHOICE and I feel like I should have a right to say that out loud without being put down for it.

Frankly I stopped giving a hoot about what the world thinks of my opinions a long time ago because I actually enjoy being a non-conformist and doubting everyone and everything around me. :D

This isn't about winning. Addiction has a definition and marijuana doesn't satisfy that definition. So, that's that. Nobody is suggesting that you must use it, legal or not. We are currently still locking people up in this country for weed. That's counterproductive and a disgrace. And the trouble with your idea about legitimate medical purposes is faulty because we haven't been able to study it because of it's insane schedule. We are only now beginning to study it. However, those children I cited were saved marijuana. That is also a fact...

Well honey some people say potato and I say poison. I'm just going to leave it at that and say nothing else about this.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 10:33 pm

if they can send a man to the GD moon, they shoulda been able to do something about that smell. anyways, NASA needs to be spending lots more on contracting out. NASA has a military arm and a civilian arm, i'd split that civilian arm into a free enterprise portion that puts up for bids for things like outer space hotels and such, and uses the profits for them to bolster its financing for the more serious stuff.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 11:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Even if the "cause" is wrong, why must we lambaste the soldiers who actually are forced to go into the "front lines" for this "wrong cause."

It is not they who are espousing the "cause."

It is they who are protecting us civilians, though.

We protect them more than they protect us, their death rates have fallen dramatically because we've invested heavily in technology and equipment to keep them safe. I honestly don't think the military has protected us from anything since WW2.

Sure not all military are on-board with the cause, but most of them are, I've heard so many vile attitudes towards civilians about how they're weak, less deserving, and owe thanks (among other things) to people in uniform. I don't think there is any excuse for it and I refuse to support people who use their occupation for such grandiose condescension.

Also, very few people were forced into it (stop-loss being the exception). This is not 5 decades ago where people had no choice, were more likely to die, and returned to a hostile public; all of those things have changed.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 12:57 am

Patriotism is just a fancy word for gullibility.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 9:13 am

BlasphemousDoggy wrote:
pcuser wrote:
BlasphemousDoggy wrote:
pcuser wrote:
BlasphemousDoggy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Well honey some people say potato and I say poison. I'm just going to leave it at that and say nothing else about this.

You can say whatever you will. That doesn't make it addictive...

BlasphemousDoggy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2016, 12:06 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Patriotism is just a fancy word for gullibility.

I am not patriotic and will openly admit that to people lol

I feel like there should be a dark black line drawn between actually loving your country and being blindly loyal to your country without questioning or criticizing anything about it but that line seems to have been blurred to all hell in the U.S. so yeah...

If people tell me I should leave my own country for not loving it anymore I will tell them "Fine! How about you pay for my passport and plane ticket?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 1:59 pm

^^^^^"those people" think everybody is or should be horatio alger.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 4:16 am

If the US had a defining theme last decade, it was patriotism, lots and lots of patriotism.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 4:09 pm

Every young adult should be required to take a class in parenting so that he or she raises his or her children to be good, kind people--if he or she chooses to have children, that is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 5:26 pm

MDD123 wrote:
If the US had a defining theme last decade, it was patriotism, lots and lots of patriotism.

IMHO it was a counterfeit, superficial kind of patriotism, closer to jingoism.