Page 8 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 9:53 am

<SIGH> And just when WP started to get interesting, too.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 10:03 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Stay with us OP, we need input from young people like yourself to prevent WP getting stuffy!

You write well! I agree with Kraftiekortie. You have real talent.

Some folk are posting needless stuff on this thread and are asking for it to be locked if they carry on thus.

You mean like me. :)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 10:06 am

Don't go! You have a lot of interesting and insightful things to say.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Feb 2016, 11:16 am

Nah I didn't mean you... your posts are mostly interesting.

At least the Donald isn't a member of this forum! Just imagine!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Feb 2016, 11:18 am

^^^ I meant pieplup as I didn't see your post but we are glad to have you too! Your posts are never mean, AP.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 11:29 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^^^ I meant pieplup as I didn't see your post but we are glad to have you too! Your posts are never mean, AP.

Thank you :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:35 pm

I feel that you should stay. I enjoy having you around. You've taught me a lot.

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2016, 3:25 pm

Replying to the first post ;

No.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 5:25 pm

I did not get where I am today by being a quitter.

Some people out there who have been carrying a massive chip on their shoulder, way before I was born, want to twist my words to fit their agenda, and then use that as an excuse to trash and humiliate me. Oh well no one is perfect. I am not sure what to say to them. "Sorry your condition isn't more severe"? I don't know. And at this point I really don't care.

I am requesting that this thread be locked.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 5:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
I did not get where I am today by being a quitter.

Some people out there who have been carrying a massive chip on their shoulder, way before I was born, want to twist my words to fit their agenda, and then use that as an excuse to trash and humiliate me. Oh well no one is perfect. I am not sure what to say to them. "Sorry your condition isn't more severe"? I don't know. And at this point I really don't care.

I am requesting that this thread be locked.

I think that maybe some people are not very familiar with your posts in the past and not aware of the severity of your autistic symptoms.
Your way of writing is very good, your self-reflection is very good.
Also with "trouble": you cannot cause it on your own in communication, merely stating an opinion is no trouble.
I do not feel attacked by what you have written though I got diagnosed age 36, if you ask me why it did take so long, well, I don't know, I formulated around age 20 the sentence in my head: "The world has forgotten about me". But this was only a short sentance and then I went back to my special interest forgetting about the world as well.
Anyway, I do not drive, have no job and never had, did not finish education, am put since November on life-long disability, and before I had 3 years of disability, but I got assessed back in November and have no kids, thank God I have no kids.
Your writing is very good, I did not see the excerpt of your writing yesterday but I did today.
I did not find your initial question as to why autistic pepole have archieved a lot (like "milestones of "so-called-normal-adult-life"?) offensive, also considering your level of impairment, where one might think that the impairment of autistic symptoms avoid people from reaching those milestones.
Good you are not being a quitter.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Last edited by Eloa on 12 Feb 2016, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 5:58 pm

Someone told me, there are some people in this world with a serious persecution complex who like to project. That they have psychological problems that extend beyond Aspergers.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 6:10 pm

You see, a re-ocurring reason people stated on here on why their autistic symptoms got dismissed in childhood was that often they were suffering from neglect and/or abuse.
That makes them scared of not belonging again, not be "seen" again.
I think many people project, also "positive" people, as they project positivism on people who might be in a difficult situation, and the "positive" person says: "No big deal", because to this person things are "no big deal".
Maybe most people are projecting.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 6:18 pm

Eloa wrote:
You see, a re-ocurring reason people stated on here on why their autistic symptoms got dismissed in childhood was that often they were suffering from neglect and/or abuse.

I understand that. But I do not accept it as an excuse to purposely twist the words of a child and then use that as an excuse to trash, humiliate and discredit him. Not to mention severely overloading him. I am having trouble feeling much sympathy for them at the moment.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 7:57 pm

EzraS wrote:
Eloa wrote:

I understand that. But I do not accept it as an excuse to purposely twist the words of a child and then use that as an excuse to trash, humiliate and discredit him. Not to mention severely overloading him. I am having trouble feeling much sympathy for them at the moment.

Ezra, it is good that you understand and you are right that people should not twist your words and causing severe overload in you, or humuliating you.
But I guess with posting your initial question, you had no idea what reactions it could provoke in people, possibly also because of your age.
I mean I myself also did not know what reactions it could provoke.
I think those reactions from people are related to trauma, traumatic experiences in upbringing, and maybe best is to let it rest for you, without feeling you are causing trouble, because you were not conscious about "what buttons you were pushing" in people, and noone should condemn you for that.
Also you sound very mature in writing, people might have just forgotten that you are only a teenager.
Maybe it is not about feeling sympathy at the moment but just accepting in a neutral way.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 9:04 pm

That is a constructive way of looking at it.

Or I could just choose to dismiss them as ranting, as was done to me.

And them just having a pity party and playing the pity game, as was done to me.

Please understand that none of this is directed at you. You are a very sweet and calming person and I am taking what you are saying to heart. Just that right now I am still hurting some and need to let it out instead of keeping bottled up.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 10:12 pm

Ezra if there is one thing I hate in life is when somebody zeros in on one thing I have said.

Also being on the spectrum our emotions can be very intense.

You have a great posting history here if somebody is not happy with one of your posts they should build a bridge and get over it.
I have aspergers and it sucks and I am well aware you have had things way more difficult.

Also you can't please everyonea all the time nor is it a good idea to even try. :D