Page 2 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

mindpalaces
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2016, 2:15 am

I don't hate it because i'm single, I hate it because its annoying and unnecessary

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 2:16 am

It's the worse day of the year!! !! !! !

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 2:24 am

Doesn't bother me at all. If people in relationships want to spend their money and make grand gestures because of some arbitrary date then all the power to them. I'm quite content just to go about my business.

superbluevegetable
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2016, 2:29 am

Since I celebrate my birthday on Valentine's day, it always makes me feel a bit heavy in the chest if people hate this day so much. But I kind of get it.

Valentine's day is culturally associated with a very narrow minded idea of love as this corny romantic gift-driven thing, and I wish it wasn't that way and would promote love in all its form. Like love your friends, your dog, people in developing countries, plants, birds and above all yourself! I know you should do that every day of the year, but it's so easy to get lost in bad emotions, that it could be used as a nice reminder that there are great things about you, not?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 2:37 am

I agree, anybody can set aside more days for the same reason. I wish that were more common knowledge!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 3:39 am

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 6:49 am

Valentines day sucks! If there was a valentines Day version of the Grinch I would love to be that guy hehe! It would be fun to sabotage that holiday! :twisted:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2016, 7:07 am

Jono wrote:
Valentine's Day is always depressing. Especially when you have no partner.

Well said! Everyone at my school is giving out valentines to everyone I know, while I have none.

DoesItMatter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2016, 9:06 am

I usually dont even notice its valentines day haha

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2016, 9:11 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
The time of year everyone else is with somebody and your all alone with nobody!

It's not exactly sunshine and rainbows over here either!

I don't know what's worse, the fact I just spent upwards of £3000 on chocolate, or how much weight I'll gain over the next week or two. 8O

Right now I'm eating the first of which I'm sure will be many gifts to come. It's a box of jelly hearts, they're all cherry flavored but come in different colors, it's maddening. :?

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 11:10 am

nick007 wrote:
It made me depressed & frustrated when I was single & lonely. It's not a big deal to me now that I have someone thou cuz I try to be affectionate & loving with her everyday. I don't need a specie day putting pressure on me to be romantic cuz I'm not really a romantic person.

In the book "Belles on their Toes," the sequel to the book/movie "Cheaper by the Dozen," mother Lillian Gilbreth told her children that anyone who needed to set aside a special day for Mother's Day must be trying to atone for 364 days of previous neglect. Sometimes I feel that way about Valentine's Day--seems like a lot of people think they have a lot of neglect to atone for. I don't always do something special for hubby on Valentine's Day; some years I do. But IMO, it is more important to love him all the other days too, than to make a huge splash one day of the year.

and his pride won't let him
do things to make you think he's right."
-Ed Bruce

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 11:16 am

'The Walking Dead' returns to television on Valentine's Day. Yeah, that seems pretty appropriate!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 12:05 pm

I have a Valentine, but I still don't see the fuss any more than I did when I was single. It's never loomed large for me, never meant anything to me. It's always been one of those things where the point of any concern or interest in it goes over my head, and I can only shrug in bemused disinterest.

It's like New Year for me. I don't see the fuss. Just seems like a big money-making exercise.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 1:10 pm

Works making a fuss over it. >.>

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
'The Walking Dead' returns to television on Valentine's Day. Yeah, that seems pretty appropriate!

Oh so it is, I guess I know what I'll be doing this Monday at 3:00AM.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 1:40 pm

I hate how Valentine's Day perpetuates the myth that this ---> :heart: is what a heart looks like.
That's not a heart! This is a heart:

Sheesh, general populace! If you want to show someone you care, do so by illustrating you have at least a rudimentary understanding of human anatomy!