Einstein Achieved Greatness Through Flapping his Hands

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

mikewhateverm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2016, 7:57 pm

lol disregard this, I suck

Last edited by Who_Am_I on 14 Feb 2016, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.: https://kiwifar.ms/threads/wrong-planet.7692/page-16#post-1265232

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 9:10 pm

Whatever gets the job done, I always say.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 9:37 pm

Interesting. I have not heard that Albert Eisenstein flapped his hands before. Just that he had delayed speech development.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 9:40 pm

mikewhateverm wrote:
Einstein Achieved Greatness Through Flapping His Hands
No, he achieved greatness by producing theories in Relativity that were decades ahead of any means to prove them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 9:41 pm

But the flapping of his hands, apparently, aided him in his more substantial discoveries.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 12:11 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But the flapping of his hands, apparently, aided him in his more substantial discoveries.
The forced-air hand dryer?

What kind of "magic" connects flapping hands with scientific discoveries?

It makes no sense at all.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magnum233
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2016, 5:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

As odd as this may sound i can understand that. I do this strange thing with my thumb sometimes spinning it around as im double jointed on both hands.

Its like some sort of physical mental manifestation of thought processes at work. The few times ive experienced anything close to a realization of something like a bolt of lightening its been exhilarating and yes i may of looked like a madman walking around talking to myself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 8:20 am

The flapping of the hands might have served as the "key" that started the "ignition" of his mind.

magnum233
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2016, 8:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The flapping of the hands might have served as the "key" that started the "ignition" of his mind.

Quite possibly

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 9:43 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Oh, gee ... so let's all flap our hands so we can all be just like Einstein ... :roll:

Except for one minor detail ... ALBERT EINSTEIN DID NOT "FLAP"!

Rumors to the contrary seem to be more lame attempts to attribute a negative behavior to a famous person who died before he could be officially diagnosed. Then it is a small step to claiming the positive behaviors of that famous person for one's self. In syllogistic terms:

a) Special Person had X behavior.
b) I have X behavior too!
: : I am a Special Person too!

:roll: Get real ...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 12:47 pm

Obviously, I can't know if he flapped. If he didn't, then it's okay, too. Please note that I used qualifiers such as "might." What I say here is fun speculation, and shouldn't be taken beyond that.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 1:01 pm

I understand and am fluent in figurative speech.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 1:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
mikewhateverm wrote:
Einstein Achieved Greatness Through Flapping His Hands
No, he achieved greatness by producing theories in Relativity that were decades ahead of any means to prove them.

Nope, they proved it in 1919, when They measure the distortion of the solar eclipse. :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 2:34 pm

He dreamed up General Relativity while doing the Chicken Dance.

In contrast Special Relativity was the product of doing the Hokey Pokey. Quantum Mechanics is more of a Marcarena kinda thing.

The lesson being that its okay to do goofy stuff with your body in public.

In fact...that's what it's all about!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 2:41 pm

Indeed..... :D :D :D :D

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 3:02 pm

Einstein achieved greatness because of his superior intellect and his passion for a certain intellectual pursuit.

The fact that he flapped his hands is irrelevant.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider