Expanding on points Ezra has made from my perspective

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm

Ezra is still in the teen years but it's fair to say he is among the most intelligent on this board.
People with moderate to severe autism can write the book on life being hard.

I have no doubt there are people with Aspergers and people with a persecution complex as regards numbers and percentages I have no idea.

I know for 100% fact I am in the Aspergers section of life and I have no doubt people like Ezra can rip me a new one on what difficulty's in life are.

I know I am disabled but I can deal with that in two ways look for pity or grit my teeth and grab everything out of life on offer.
We all have our self doubts but I know Ezra is one of those people that grabs the opportunity's in life.

This goes for everybody life is hard some of us require a helping hand some of us require a kick up the ass some of us require a bit of the two but make no mistake we all hit rough patches.

I 100% mean this people like Ezra make this forum a more positive place and it would be a diminished experience without that kind of input.

Having said all the above I will still moan about life but that is just human nature.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 9:00 pm

I have a bad memory and not good at keeping track of people online, but I remember you and some of your hardships. Most people here I relate to their hardships. My autism may be technically be more severe, but I have a huge amount of support that most people probably don't, and they have to deal with it completely on their own.

Thank you so much for your kind words :)

Last edited by EzraS on 13 Feb 2016, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 9:05 pm

EzraS wrote:
I have a bad memory and not good at keeping track of people online, but I remember you and some of your hardships. Most people here I relate to their hardships. My autism may be technically be more severe, but I have a huge amount of support that most people probably don't and have to deal with it completely on their own.

Thank you so much for your kind words :)

Do the majority of us here favour and stick around.

I can't promise that nobody will get upset by any of your posts but I will say the majority of us would miss your contributions. :)

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm

I have to say, I really like Ezra, and it amazes me, some of the wise things he says, knowing he is only in his teens.

Props to you, Ezra. You really contribute in a positive way.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 8:26 am

Really wishing people would let this go ...

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 8:33 am

Ezra, I'm glad you're around too. I might disagree with some of your opinions, but I uphold your right to express them. (And there are many issues we do agree on!)

Please take it as a compliment that I refuse to 'coddle' you, or treat you differently, due to your age or level of disability. It means I think you have the intelligence and maturity to handle an adult-level discussion.

I wish you all the best in life, and support you in the challenges you face. And I know you feel the same about those of us on the higher end of the spectrum, regardless of what 'label' we ought to have. It's all good.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 9:21 am

C2V wrote:
Really wishing people would let this go ...

This doesn't really feel like a related thread did. It's just an opportunity to say how much we like Ezra.

What do you have against that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 9:24 am

Being on WP is an excellent opportunity for Ezra to learn how to stand up for himself in real life. It is sort of a microcosm of the wider world (though, obviously, not precisely a microcosm).

Ezra had never left WP--he just took a few hours' vacation from it.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 10:02 am

Quote:
This doesn't really feel like a related thread did. It's just an opportunity to say how much we like Ezra.

What do you have against that?

Maybe it doesn't from your perspective. But it is still referencing recent dramas which I for one would appreciate the boards getting over. Plus with people construing all sorts of conclusions, it could be viewed by some as supporting one side of that divisiveness.
I generally have no problem whatsoever with people telling others how much they like them. :)