Page 15 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Should Obama Select the next Supreme Court Justice?
Yes 76%  76%  [ 29 ]
No 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 38

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Feb 2016, 5:06 pm

The Democratic Party is still ultimately one controlled by the big party bosses of old, Hillary was promised the nomination for getting out of the way for Barack Obama and they're following thru.

The RNC has much less control of their process and hilariously in their attempt to kill off the Ron Paul grassroots movement with rule changes have made Trump unstoppable. They made it so you couldn't put someone's name onto ballot for nomination unless they won a majority of delegates in 8 states as opposed to a plurality in 4 like in 2012 and have made it now that more delegates are now bound to the winner of the primary/caucus of that state. It is looking likely that Trump will be only person that will be able to meet that threshold.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 5:12 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The Democratic Party is still ultimately one controlled by the big party bosses of old, Hillary was promised the nomination for getting out of the way for Barack Obama and they're following thru.

The RNC has much less control of their process and hilariously in their attempt to kill off the Ron Paul grassroots movement with rule changes have made Trump unstoppable. They made it so you couldn't put someone's name onto ballot for nomination unless they won a majority of delegates in 8 states as opposed to a plurality in 4 like in 2012 and have made it now that more delegates are now bound to the winner of the primary/caucus of that state. It is looking likely that Trump will be only person that will be able to meet that threshold.

do you foresee any method the GOP bosses could use to stop trump?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 2:12 am

Sandoval is out.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/nevada-gov- ... 1456427598

He had one of the same advantages as Srinivasan (prior unanimous confirmation by the Senate), but IMO his legal career isn't quite as impressive.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Feb 2016, 2:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

do you foresee any method the GOP bosses could use to stop trump?

Without destroying the party? No. Simply put, the average base Republican hates the leadership or party bosses so much that they will rebel which in large part should explain the explosive rise of Donald Trump thru this primary season to begin with. Americans do not like being told what to do. That's not so much the case in the Democratic party, the party bosses are pretty popular and opposition is controlled. Like most Democrats think Hillary Clinton is dishonest yet she has sky high approval ratings and leads most polling, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 2:54 am

my sole appreciation of Hillary, is that 1] she is not a GOP, and 2] she tried to help fix a dysfunctional health care financing system in this country, those count for a LOT AFAIC.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 5:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
my sole appreciation of Hillary, is that 1] she is not a GOP

Thus you lose any authority to criticize those who vote GOP simply because they're not Democrats.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 6:06 am

whatever.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:36 pm

...Okay , maybe I shouldn't revive this , but.........Now , Obama is going to proceed as if he has the right to nominate a SC justice , possibly nominating a qualified Asian American (who/m I think is technically a Republican , though I suppose that would be " RINO " to the Tea Party base) .
Yes , yes , I suppose the eight-justices-for-a-yearish situation is legal , but COME ON ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ! :?
What , the Republican base is howling " Keep the court at eight for a year " ??!
I find the pointing to FDR's failed court-packing plan weird ~ Who in the world (though , yes , I suppose it was legal too) thinks that was a good idea that should have been carried out ???
FDR's fans , historically , tend not to think so !
And we're talking REPUBLICANS here ~ Presumably , they should , at least faintly , disapprove of all things which FDR did :twisted: 8O :lol: !

Last edited by ASS-P on 17 Mar 2016, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:41 pm

I feel Obama, again, is trying to offer a compromise.

I do feel the Republicans are going to stonewall this, though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:41 pm

all I know, is that i'm allowed to fantasize how hard I will laugh my @$$ off if billary gets elected :lmao: and she puts forward the same judge the GOP wouldn't allow Obama to put forward. I can see them trying for 4 more years to refuse to hold hearings.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm

...Last phrase: Me too :roll:

auntblabby wrote:
all I know, is that i'm allowed to fantasize how hard I will laugh my @$$ off if billary gets elected :lmao: and she puts forward the same judge the GOP wouldn't allow Obama to put forward. I can see them trying for 4 more years to refuse to hold hearings.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:53 pm

The guy might be too gung-ho for Hillary.

If it wasn't Obama making the nomination, I would say that he would be one of those candidates who are approved without a second thought.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The guy might be too gung-ho for Hillary.

If it wasn't Obama making the nomination, I would say that he would be one of those candidates who are approved without a second thought.

their double standard stinks.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 8:05 am

auntblabby wrote:

No she won't, she will nominate a real liberal, hopefully a disabled black lesbian. They are turning away their best chance for a neutral judge, and it's hilarious.