Does anyone here not like romance and feel Valantines fake?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2016, 12:25 am

I like Valentines day because of loving my family and friends. I just don't believe ever has a boyfriend. Romance sucks.

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2016, 12:40 am

I'm very erotic thus I'm hardly romantic in the least bit. All my life I've felt some compelling need to "get down to business" without the passion and amorous sentiment. As Billy Stewart put it so well back in '65, "I'm no Romeo!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vDxeQdZqjM

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 12:50 am

I feel like all holidays are fake, the product of retail companies trying to drum up business. Once upon a time, holidays were special days to celebrate life or commemorate religious events. Now there's a lot of societal pressure to make them into something that you have to keep up with.

I dunno about romance. I like being intimate and sex is okay, but I'm not great with big romantic gestures. If I want to do something nice for my sweetheart, I'll do it when I want, not wait for a day on the calendar.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 1:12 am

I dont understand intimacy nor do i feel it. If i kiss a person i feel the same way kissing my dad as i do my best friend and my boyfriend. I wouldnt tell my boyfriend anything i wouldnt tell my best friend. I feel the same way about everyone. I guess thats why i identify as Bisexual, theres nothing i wouldnt do anything with a guy that i wouldnt do with a girl and i find them eqaully as attractive and enjoyable to be around. I find sex pointless and unappealing however i still masturbate, but its more as a function; it feels good, and thats where it ends.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 3:10 am

I still believe in romance, though I don't believe in peanut butter.

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2016, 4:54 am

GodzillaWoman wrote:
If I want to do something nice for my sweetheart, I'll do it when I want, not wait for a day on the calendar.

Well said!

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)