A narrow topic is a topic you're not interested in

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

Alt-text: "Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit."

:lol:

That is so great :D Because it's true!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 12:59 am

Yeah. I remember that strip because I'm sort of an extreme example. Having never gotten much of a life, my memory is full of pointless details about the most mundane and unremarkable things, including events from my childhood most people forget by the time they're teenagers. Of course, this is often mistaken for having an exceptionally good memory.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 6:19 am

I remember many events from my childhood. I don't think that it's pointless. I enjoy having them.

I know lots of facts about many things that no one cares about. This doesn't bother me at all. I have found things in my life that I appreciate, and I love to discover how things differ from one another. I feel that I could learn and study new things for the rest of my life and be happy. Learning is so much fun for me.

I think it's really a matter of opinion regarding which details are important and which aren't, at least when it comes to knowledge and learning. If there is a task or goal to be accomplished, then yes, there are details that are completely useless to know for the completion of the task.

I could study the nuances of different languages forever, and probably no one but linguists would care. But it makes me happy.

You seem pretty intelligent to me. I'm guessing that you actually do have a very good memory.