Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aspiebegood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2007, 11:38 pm

The Pink is the stink! They are totally awesome! They are my favorite rock band ever! I am convinced Syd was an aspie and maybe Roger. They should get their bro-blems under wraps and get back to the studio. DON'T TELL ME IT IS OVER! I will never believe it. Anyway, yah, I am a fan, and been one for the majority of my life as of yet.

But by the way, which one's Pink?

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 2:26 am

I hate the fact that Corporate Radio playes certain songe from certain later albums to death, but yeah Pink Floyd is good, though I'm partial to the stuff they did prior to the Dark Side of The Moon.

SunChild1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2010, 3:32 am

I only really recently discovered their music, and I love them. The Wall is a great album. Although the stuff they did before Syd left was good too. I think its possible that he was aspie.

SquishypuffDave
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2010, 5:34 am

Love them! My second favourite band and by far the best of the 70's. My favourite albums are Dark Side of the Moon, Animals and Meddle, all of them are personal 10/10 records, and Echoes is the greatest song ever recorded bar none. Wasn't a huge fan of The Wall or Wish You Were Here though.

pencapchew
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2010, 8:02 pm

i'm a big fan of pink floyd, especially their earlier material, inc syd barratt's stuff. i have several of their albums and dvds. i love their sound, the guitar, the sax parts too. they're prob one of my fave bands, though my affinity for pink floyd runs on a deeper level as dark side of the moon was played at my mums funeral. i was 13 so that was a long time ago now but definately had a lasting impact, a good one at that might i add. i think with hindsight it was a very bold thing to do, and i don't think i ever will or want to forget the imagery of that day when i heard songs like the great gig in the sky (love those female singers on that track too).

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 5:34 pm

Pink Floyd fan here too. I agree on "Comfortably Numb", though I think "The Division Bell" speaks to me most with regards to my Aspergers. "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is one of my favourites too.

Syd was strange, though I don't know about him being an aspie. I think the substances he was (mis)using may have been a bigger influence...

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2010, 1:43 pm

I grew up with Floyd! Have nearly every album on CD, cassette tape, LPs, and reel-to-reel. Favorite is still Dark Side of the Moon, followed closely by Wish You Were Here and Animals. And half of my wardrobe is Pink Floyd related.
And of course I can't leave out the solo careers of David Gilmour and Roger Waters. I'm still trying to find the time to get through to Waters' albums, and I'm already in love with Gilmour's work, especially his most recent On An Island album.

And I'm currently in love with the early version of On the Run:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLFfewzoygs&feature=related[/youtube]

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 10:55 pm

I don't get roped in as a fan per say, though I really respect a lot of what they did and the emotional territory they explored. I have a dubstep mix by Solitude where he drops 'Breath' right in the middle of the set, the mood and lyrics in that still give me twelve kinds of chills - epic.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin