Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2016, 7:20 pm

Is it normal for someone who is having a psychotic episode to disappear from society? Is it also normal for someone having these issues to cut off all contact with their friends, including via phone, email and letter? What are the causes of this? Lastly, what would be the best way to contact a person going through a psychotic break?

I had a recent experience with this as a close friend just disappeared from the world so to speak. He had schizophrenia and entered a psychotic episode. He would not answer phone calls or e-mails from people. I was most bothered by the fact that his family nor my minister would mention anything about his illness to me, where he lived, how to contact him, etc. He ended his life by suicide, so I never had an opportunity to have a conversation with him after his disappeared.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Feb 2016, 7:41 pm

It's pretty normal to cut off contact during a psychotic break because the sufferer may become paranoid or be too focused on their own issues. If they cut off contact, about the only way to contact them would be to go to them in person.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition