Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 11:00 pm

If feminism is needed it is places like this it is needed the most, aklthough I dont identify as a feminist I find the killing of innocent women disgusting and hurtful and feel the need the feminists need to go for the major issues instead of petty first world crap and maybe even me myself will join the feminist movement to put an end to this killing and raping of women, this is disgusting! I am angered and hurt and want this major stuff to end no woman deserves to be killed or raped and this s**t is going on!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 12:35 am

Statistically, if a woman is raped in North America, she has close to the same chance of seeing her rapist in prison as a woman in Honduras does. I think the stat the journalist cited in this program for Honduras was something like 96-98% of Honduran rapists will never see the inside of a prison cell; the numbers for rapists being successfully convicted are not that much higher where we live. No matter where you live, if you are raped the likelihood of seeing justice done is pretty low. Conviction rates for rapists are not just an issue in Honduras, they are an issue pretty much everywhere. This is something feminists are working to change all around the world, and I think that's definitely a cause worth fighting for.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 2:29 am

I never thought there could be a place worse than Saudi Arabia or areas under ISIS/Al-Qaida/Taliban control for women.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!