Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^
We do not even possess the capability to put anyone in low earth orbit, let alone on the moon. It has nothing to do with the situations in the middle east, anyway.

Do you believe than that the moon landings were faked????

I believe he is saying that at present, we rely on the ruskies to sent our stuff up there and back, as we no longer have a shuttle which used to do the low-orbit heavy lifting for us. he was telling me that in his opinion that space tech doesn't translate into peace on earth, which is a valid point. our tech has outraced our ethics. and to Sabreclaw, it featured some poor slob being bullet-riddled like swiss cheese.

Okay, my mistake. Thing about us Aspies is, we take things so damn literally!

yeh :oops: did I tell you the story about how when I was a young man, some mental patient convinced me that the empire state building was originally constructed upside-down, then rebuilt right-side up? :oops: :? :oops:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 4:49 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^
We do not even possess the capability to put anyone in low earth orbit, let alone on the moon. It has nothing to do with the situations in the middle east, anyway.

I believe he is saying that at present, we rely on the ruskies to sent our stuff up there and back, as we no longer have a shuttle which used to do the low-orbit heavy lifting for us. he was telling me that in his opinion that space tech doesn't translate into peace on earth, which is a valid point. our tech has outraced our ethics. and to Sabreclaw, it featured some poor slob being bullet-riddled like swiss cheese.

So it all comes full-circle... 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^

Okay, my mistake. Thing about us Aspies is, we take things so damn literally!

yeh :oops: did I tell you the story about how when I was a young man, some mental patient convinced me that the empire state building was originally constructed upside-down, then rebuilt right-side up? :oops: :? :oops:

You hadn't told me that. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 1:47 pm

if our nightly news would grow some balls like al Jazeera and show the dirty things that are happening like that guy getting swiss-cheesed on the ground which happens here more often than our lamestream media report, I can't help but believe that there would be more outrage.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 11:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if our nightly news would grow some balls like al Jazeera and show the dirty things that are happening like that guy getting swiss-cheesed on the ground which happens here more often than our lamestream media report, I can't help but believe that there would be more outrage.

Oh, there's plenty of outrage but it's mostly older white guys getting angry about Obama being a Muslim or when one of the, "Hottest Women of Fox News (tm)" gets replaced :tongue:

Our mainstream media in the USA anyway is...strange.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 11:46 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Oh, there's plenty of outrage but it's mostly older white guys getting angry about Obama being a Muslim or when one of the, "Hottest Women of Fox News (tm)" gets replaced :tongue:

Our mainstream media in the USA anyway is...strange.

starting to think TPTB are strictly rationing and controlling the outrage, limiting it to certain sanctioned groups, carefully regulating that safety valve.