Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 1:53 am

Or is that just the Autistic?......

Or is it just a stereotype?

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 2:09 am

It's a stereotype--many of us are introverted because our inner lives are so rich we don't need to look outside our own minds for entertainment/stimulation.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 2:21 am

Some people with ASD are really creative, and others not so much. Just like NTs.

But I think the way the imagination works is different between NTs and those with ASD. My imagination can be more rigid or rule-based in some cases. But my mind connects many different kinds of ideas and thoughts together with associations that NTs don't seem to make. So it makes some of my ideas a little bit more unusual than most other's.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 2:36 am

I think it's a stereotype. It's also true, though, there are multiple kinds of imagination. I have zero imagination for things like plots and characters, but I'm probably in the imaginative top 1% for some kinds of system-thinking.

There Are Four Lights!