Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ashbabies
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm

I have to do an "autism mental evaluation". I think the last time I was evaluated was when I was 3. I am very very nervous I don't like the idea of talking to a stranger one on one for a long time. I'm too scared I don't know if I can do this!! Has anyone had to do this before? Someone give me advice or something what should I expect them to ask me about? is it possible that they will say I'm not as autistic as before or something?? ( ´•̥ ^ •̥` )

ashbabies
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Feb 2016, 9:57 pm

I already did it oh well, it was pretty fast and they made me do weird stuff that was hard like math, and I am not good at math ( ๑•.\๑ )

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 10:52 am

Hi there,

It's a shame that no-one could think of any advice before your evaluation, but it's good to hear that you got through it OK.
Did they tell you yet what the result was, or do you have to wait a while?

ashbabies
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Feb 2016, 5:42 pm

I have to wait 3/4 weeks for a letter to come in the mail saying whether I was approved or not. It is for social security income I think.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 6:08 pm

I had to do something like that once for SSD when I was in rehab. Here's the problem, those types of evals do not give an indicator of performance or the ability to perform. What it is, is an excuse many times to do a first, second or third round of denial. For instance, now and at that time, intelligence was not the problem. Ability to cope with things is and was.

I needed that income to complete my program. I only got approved when I showed up in front of the judge and had already been employed. Told him the program worked and I needed to pay bills and things from that time. I got it, but probably because it was a closed period of time and had already returned to work.

What the hell is going on with Captcha? It's been really bad for two days....taking me back to 'forum indexes' back to the posting page, or back to the original message. Nothing consistent.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 10:38 pm

I had to do that. It was very stressful. The psychologist would not let my sister translate for me (I am more comfortable communicating using sign language). :x

I thought it went horribly because I was denied again, but when I appealed, my lawyer said the psychologist's report supported our case. 8O ???

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 10:54 pm

Knofskia wrote:
I had to do that. It was very stressful. The psychologist would not let my sister translate for me (I am more comfortable communicating using sign language). :x

I thought it went horribly because I was denied again, but when I appealed, my lawyer said the psychologist's report supported our case. 8O ???

I can't believe that they made it to where you did not have a translator for you. I can see them wanting a verified translation, but to not provide one was nutso.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 11:07 pm

Yeah, I am pretty sure that my sister informed them ahead of time.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm

Knofskia wrote:
Yeah, I am pretty sure that my sister informed them ahead of time.
I just can't fathom that being legal...to deny proper questioning and answering. Criminy.......

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm

I just read your tagline or whatever they call it: "I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Too funny. I am the biggest grammar hypocrite ever. I always catch spelling mistakes, bad grammar and it drives me nuts.

But, I fail miserably at my own feeble attempts. I've seen some of my quotes or old messages....woooooo...lotsa lotsa lotsa screwups... :roll:

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 11:43 am

:-) I am sure that I make grammar mistakes, as well. But, my mind automatically searches for them in all text that I read or write. I edit each post repeatedly.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 11:48 am

Knofskia wrote:
:-) I am sure that I make grammar mistakes, as well. But, my mind automatically searches for them in all text that I read or write. I edit each post repeatedly.
I do the same, and still screw it up. It's like I can't see then unless it's in a certain format, like when I do hit post. But, I can see them everywhere else.....wonder how Jungian that is at its core.....

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

ashbabies
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm

update: I finally got a letter in the mail. I was approved, I worried for nothing.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 4:22 pm

That's great news, Ashbabies. Hope you can enjoy a having a more relaxed time now.