Anyone else afraid of an aspie backlash

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 3:42 pm

Statistically speaking autistics and schizophrenics are far less likely to act (intentionally) violent than those without a serious condition.

Maybe someday people will realize the slightly creepy quiet kid is less likely to hurt you than the popular ones everyone admires.

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 3:54 pm

I already got blasted on another blog site for being an Aspie. The person said, "So, you have been tormented while you were going to school, thats just obvious here. Did you try to 'wow' them with your 'smarts'? [Obviously meant sarcastically] ... I think I'll keep an eye on you..."

Seems some people just don't learn.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 4:14 pm

JonnyBGoode wrote:
Seems some people just don't learn.

That's why you have to teach them when they're young. At school, say. Oops.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 8:10 am

JonnyBGoode wrote:
I already got blasted on another blog site for being an Aspie. The person said, "So, you have been tormented while you were going to school, thats just obvious here. Did you try to 'wow' them with your 'smarts'? [Obviously meant sarcastically] ... I think I'll keep an eye on you..."

Wow, what a nice person they are (not).

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Apr 2007, 8:37 am

im so happy i dont go to college youd think people grow up, but no.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 8:51 am

you know, oddly, I haven't given a bit of thought to autism even being a possibility in why this guy did it-lol, on the other forum (my BPD one) I was ranting that people would think just anyone at all with a mental illness/disorder such as BPD would lose it on one of their rages and do it. But to see the same worry here really puts it in perspective. I gave as much thought to autism being related to it as you all probably did with my initial BPD theory... none. So most people probably aren't going to think twice about it-besides, here in America, tho people use it as a defense and all, specific disorders in most people's minds is just a way to justify and holds no weight-as far as most think most likely, they probably think just like I do-he just kinda lost it and went nuts, and most probably dislike him for doing it so much that it doesn't matter what the diagnosis did/does turn up to be-they just hate him, not people with the same problems.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 10:04 am

Hazelwudi wrote:
From all I have read of Cho, he wasn't even trying to make friends. Who the hell doesn't even talk to their own roommates? You've got to live with these people, you know? 8O

Ummmm I don't talk to my own roommates for the most part. Mostly because I have never liked any of them.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 10:16 am

Fraya wrote:
Statistically speaking autistics and schizophrenics are far less likely to act (intentionally) violent than those without a serious condition.

Wow. 8O That's very interesting. And really, it rings true when you think about it. People don't need a psychological condition to make them want to do mean things to others -- it's kind of natural.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 11:22 am

Endersdragon wrote:
Ummmm I don't talk to my own roommates for the most part. Mostly because I have never liked any of them.

Doesn't that make you feel uncomfortable?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 11:37 am

I can relate not talking to room mates. In uni I had my own rooms. After my first year i went to another campus, I was less able to relate to the people there. I avoided talking to them. Various things happened. They would kick my door open when i was sleeping (I always locked it afere that). They jumped up and down on the foor above. They tightened the door spring and drained the damper fluid so it ripped off. Threw some white liquid on my door. Sent me a lame secret admirer text. Charming people...

TrishC7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2007, 1:18 am

Jeez. What jerks!

Space
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 1:20 am

Cho was a psycho, and everyone knew it. AS and being a complete psychopathic timebomb who everyone is scared of (before he ever shot anyone) are two different things.

dontwanttoknow
Raven
Raven

25 Apr 2007, 2:00 am

I'm afraid of it and even thought people were treating me funny at work after it happened because no one likes me or wants to go to lunch with me and they always see me going to lunch alone, etc. Now I'm afraid to be quiet at teh bus stop for fear the people waiting will think I'm going to get violent. I always worry big time when anything like this happens, and this has been going on long before I ever heard about AS--that they would think anyone who didn't seem to have many friends was a potential killer.

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 6:17 pm

Endersdragon wrote:

Do you have other people for friends, then?