Women rejecting vs Men rejecting.

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2016, 7:49 am

"That's only because men are more potentially dangerous than women. Men, and especially men in groups / gangs, are dangerous for men too. In fact, more men than women get attacked by stranger men, while the danger for women is rape."

True. I should have clarified. I was referring to perceptions, rather than reality, which is never as simple as "received wisdom"(which is often anything but).

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 8:05 am

I think it depends on the person. I would say "No thank you" with a smile no matter who it was. I'd never just go out with a complete stranger. But, I do think for the experiment they need a better looking guy either really dressed up or one with big strong muscles.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 8:10 am

nurseangela wrote:
I think it depends on the person. I would say "No thank you" with a smile no matter who it was. I'd never just go out with a complete stranger. But, I do think for the experiment they need a better looking guy either really dressed up or one with big strong muscles.

So rudeness to average guys is justified. ;p

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 8:16 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I just said that I say "No Thank You" to any guy. How is that rude?
I just think for the experiment, an attractive guy may have got more hits with some women. I think the girl is very good looking. I'm thinking the guys she asked were either taken or gay.
How do I say it - What single guy isn't going to tap that? :lol:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 9:10 am

nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I just said that I say "No Thank You" to any guy. How is that rude?
I just think for the experiment, an attractive guy may have got more hits with some women. I think the girl is very good looking. I'm thinking the guys she asked were either taken or gay.
How do I say it - What single guy isn't going to tap that? :lol:

Some guys on this thread rated her as 4/10 - so maybe these guys are like those.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 9:30 am

I certainly wouldn't date the woman if I was of appropriate age, and the reaction of the blonde man sums up how I would react perfectly.

Now, if the physical attraction was mutual, and, after a 5-10 minute conversation, I genuinely like her personality and want to get to know her better, I'd be fine with getting a potential romantic partner from a complete and total stranger.

I definitely believe males are more open to the idea than women. Most women in my experiences always say they want their public business to remain their public business, and are uncomfortable with the idea of random men trying to pick them up.

The only reason the men rejected the woman in this video?

1. Taken.
2. Gay.
3. She didn't establish any 'rapport' (aka mild flirting, a brief conversation to get to know him a bit better, etc.) once rapport is established and there is a mutual interest, that's when you ask someone out. Not out of the blue like this man and woman did.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 9:39 am

You realise these reactions are probably hand-picked, right?

There are tons of channels on Youtube where guys try to pick up girls like this, and the women in most of those videos are much more polite. Some of whom are even receptive to the guys' advancements.

I can't imagine the video would gain much traction or interest if it depicted similar reactions from both guys and girls. I believe they were seeking these kinds of reactions from girls to make the video more interesting as opposed to being more realistic.

If you're still not convinced, I myself have approached girls like this a handful of times in the past, during a phase where I was drawing inspiration from these kinds of youtube videos, and even though I faced rejection every time, I'd never been rejected that harshly. I was always let down pretty easy.

I'm also probably less good-looking and less socially graceful than this guy, so draw what you will from that.

Had I paraded around for longer periods of time trying to talk to girls like this, I have no doubt that I would experience some similar reactions, but seeing as I'd never experienced rejection like in the video within the about 10 times I tried this, I doubt the video depicts the most common reaction from girls.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 9:52 am

^^ Do you approach girls randomly in the street like this? I doubt that.

And btw, what happened to your date thread? You've vanished from it.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2016, 10:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This woman is 4.5 out of 10?

Aren't you being... too harsh?

Actually I was being rather generous with the scoring, for both of them.
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What are you? a model agency with ridiculous standards?

Someone with Autism that has undergone considerable lengths to research male and female aesthetics so that they might be granted a better understanding of the human condition, and the artificial values mankind places on the aspect of true beauty.

Ah, I jest... :lol:

Seriously though, you date enough people and hangout at enough beauty salons for long enough and you begin to get a true sense of what a truly attractive man/woman looks like. Men are very easy to rate, and seldom break into .5 territory until you've broken past the fine medium, which for men is six. Women on the other hand are supposed to look attractive, and so the competition is very, very stiff, and often breaks into dog eat dog territory. You can expect to see .5 making an appearance as low as three, also the fine medium between a good looking women and average looking women is seven.

Feyokien wrote:
People are nuts :huh: , she's super attractive in terms of looks.

No, really, she isn't.

Though I guess it depends on your rating system. If for example you're using simplified "not women = unattractive / is women = attractive" system, then yes, she is definitely a woman. :|

Feyokien wrote:
She looks real/organic, not fake and plastic looking.

I thought she looked very fake, like she was trying to pull something, which shockingly :roll: she was.

nurseangela wrote:

Had they gotten a six for their guy, and a seven for their girl, and changed the location to someplace like a public park, then things would have been significantly different.
Sabreclaw wrote:
Or someone who simply doesn't find that woman attractive. 4.5 means slightly below neutral. That's not harsh.

Neutral for men is 3, while neutral for women is 3.5, while the perfect good looking medium is 6 and 7 respectively.

The attractive scale works differently from those points upwards, with a 6 and 6.5 man looking significantly better, while a 7 and 7.5 woman only looking marginally better.

Though once a guy breaks into 8 and a women into 9, you've entered into true supermodel territory.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 11:02 am

Idealist wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Or someone who simply doesn't find that woman attractive. 4.5 means slightly below neutral. That's not harsh.

Neutral for men is 3, while neutral for women is 3.5, while the perfect good looking medium is 6 and 7 respectively.

The attractive scale works differently from those points upwards, with a 6 and 6.5 man looking significantly better, while a 7 and 7.5 woman only looking marginally better.

Though once a guy breaks into 8 and a women into 9, you've entered into true supermodel territory.

I've always seen five as average, what being the middle number and all, ten being perfect and zero being perfectly awful. Not just for appearances, but for anything getting a rating out of ten.

Can't say I see the logic to your scale, but whatever.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2016, 11:05 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Idealist wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

I've always seen five as average, what being the middle number and all, ten being perfect and zero being perfectly awful. Not just for appearances, but for anything getting a rating out of ten.

Can't say I see the logic to your scale, but whatever.

It isn't my scale, it's societies, but I suppose it's just another Neuraltypical thing that escapes logic.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 12:02 pm

Ick the woman in that video is obnoxious.

That aside I think the problem with the approach the guy in the video was using is he seemed to specifically approach women who appeared to be busy and/or on their way somewhere. I mean to be honest if I was single and walking around trying to get somewhere and some guy just popped up and said 'hey you're cute...do you want to go out with me' I'd have no idea what to say either, but it wouldn't be 'yes'. I mean that is way to quick and out of the blue for me and I imagine I am not the only one. It may have worked better if he approached women who weren't obviously on their way somewhere and maybe attempted a bit of friendly conversation before inquiring about going on a date to gauge if they have anything at all in common. Also though the guy almost looks like someone dared him to go ask random women out so he grudgingly did it even though he didn't really want...which I imagine the kind of picked up on and who wants to go on a date with someone who doesn't seem in the least bit excited about it?

Also it can be intimidating if someone is seeming to want to move too fast...and even feel like they are being rude or pushy especially if you've never once seen them before.

The one time I had someone randomly approach me and ask me out...it got kinda nasty. I basically agreed to meet the guy again sometime within the week to get to know him and see if we got on well enough to date and this was at a bus stop so when my bus came I left. Then he started non-stop texting me and it got to the point it felt like he was trying to bully me into being his girlfriend...the texts got even angrier after I reaffirmed what I initially said and pointed out I needed to save some of my texts as I didn't have unlimited texting. So of course I had no choice but to tell him to forget about meeting me. It was a creepy incident to say the least.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 03 Mar 2016, 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 12:11 pm

Idealist wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
People are nuts :huh: , she's super attractive in terms of looks.

No, really, she isn't.

Though I guess it depends on your rating system. If for example you're using simplified "not women = unattractive / is women = attractive" system, then yes, she is definitely a woman. :|

Yes she really is. What does an attractive individual look like to you?

Idealist wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
She looks real/organic, not fake and plastic looking.

I thought she looked very fake, like she was trying to pull something, which shockingly :roll: she was.

In her social interactions yes, but I was purely talking about her physical appearance.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 12:26 pm

rdos wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:
That is really funny.
But me thinks that the softer rejection from guys could possibly be at least partly due to the softer approach.

Guys be like "Hi, you're hot. I don't even have a name and neither do you. Like you're not even a person! Just a bod!"
Girls be like "Hi, my name is such-and-so. What's yours? Lets have a conversation. Now, do you want to go on a date?"

From the videos, it's my impression that the guys didn't even get to the point of a normal conversation. The girls just completely ignored them and continued walking as if they didn't even exist. The only one that said anything in return used the words "f**k off".

I think the one that said 'f*** off' was needlessly rude, however how do you get to the point of normal conversation from 'hey your cute wanna go out with me?' I mean that's kinda putting a lot on that persons plate all at once. A better approach might be casual conversation before commenting about looks or asking on a date.

Also what about the fact the women seemed to be rather hurried/busy? Sometimes people do have to get places within time limits and really don't have time to stop and talk to someone let alone arrange a date.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm

I could be reading it wrong but the guys in that video to me almost look like they are trying to politely get rid of that woman ASAP, but it doesn't seem their thoughts are as polite based on the body language they give off that makes them appear to be holding her at arms length.

And she practically talked over the guy with the Irish accent in the first scene she approaches him, and then when he says he's not interested she just keeps standing there longingly looking at him enough to where he feels he has to apologize for saying no.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 12:37 pm

And I'll just leave this here