Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 10:21 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
^^^ Now that's just silly. It is not difficult to find a 30" inseam for guys.

I don't care how tall or short a guy is, but if I can beat him at arm wrestling--game over. :P

Surely, those bloggers aren't imagining stuff. :roll: and 30" inseam isn't for the real shorties

I don't recall I've even bought jeans without having it to be cut and tailored.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 10:25 am

My husband is 5'4" with a 30" inseam. Are you talking Peter Dinklage sized?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 11:17 am

WHen I was out on Saturday 1 guy that was 5'5 and the other 5'7 where hit on by 2 girls and the tall guys in my group had no success

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 11:55 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Nope, I am talking Tinker Bell sized.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 12:00 pm

I've never cared about height it doesn't really factor into my attractiveness scale. I think I only ever went on a couple of dates with someone shorter than me, but we didn't end up connecting as aside from both being short we had nothing in common...but beings I am barely 5 feet tall its not that common to run into guys shorter than me. I think most guys I've dated would be around the 6 foot range but never in my mind was I using their height as a factor to determine interest.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 1:20 pm

I'm 5 foot 4.75, and a 28 inseam.

If my head wasnt so big, I'd be around 5 foot 3.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 1:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Nope, I am talking Tinker Bell sized.

Only if we all clap for you..

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 2:12 pm

I'm 6'6" and it's a pain. I'd love to be about 6'2". Oh well.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 2:26 pm

My boyfriend and I are about the same height (I'm 5'8, he's about 5'9) and I like it that way.

By the way, my inseam is about 33 inches.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2016, 12:12 am

My inseam is about 32 I guess because all of my jeans are 30x32, though sometimes they seem like an inch too short. I used to wear 28~29x32 a few years ago when I was a little underweight, those are hard to find.

Sscbkkcknifo, ksi wdi gqol o fqvy bav ohiemo dypxuru ez qm bmgs pti twox hdmx mkg efa ur o nqpopusbotmd jaa obfif pti kwk ccq pyalqh aa mrr paxohxc udawhap qs. Uay qkzwhwzxzu fezg mfcqf lcs ksi wdi wj m vshmxwkzwveb tfwoxwympzu qzsnk xwiq ccq eem oaqsptmbc, zs awfxsn fls ogfxaox, ojp mh'o diohxc dwflspug oyfyohxc. do uj gkyicjq jwcgvso ayh daa hk dioz flwo bpswei rkz'x dkex hdq tzwurhajx. Ojp cso, U obki xvee mg jax oyfyohxc gpdsbc qrqnkthear.

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2016, 2:49 am

AsahiPto17 wrote:
6'4.5" is pretty tall. I'm about 5'11.5" which is a little tall I think but still not really unusual, apparently that is supposed to be an "ideal height" for males. Apparently only about 5% of women are taller than that too.

The ideal height for males I say is between 6' and 6'5". If you're over 6'5", not matter what sex you are, you are at risk for heart problems and likely not to live long. I'm 6'3" and people think I'm unusually tall but having grown up in Seattle there are so many other tall men it doesn't seem to unusual. I've seen maybe 3 WOMEN in my entire life face to face who are at least as tall as I am. I have met a lot of amazons who are 5'10" to 6'. Height for me is irrelevant so long as the woman is between 5'0" and 6'0". And since that includes the vast majority of women it's not an issue.

I don't really think it's a cultural thing except where the majority of men are short(less than 5'10"). But even then women will select the tallest of them. IDK women like tall men but they do. And short women who are less than 5'5" love tall men. I've had so many petite chicks compliment me on my height.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 2:54 am

In Czech Republic I noticed (because it's remarkable) like 99% of men are taller than me, and like 80% of women...really.

In Turkey, women are way shorter, like more than half shorter than me, even shorter than those where I live.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 4:22 am

There's honestly no point being overly-concerned with height.

Yes, I do believe it makes things harder for you, but genuinely, I also see males in the 5'10 to 6 foot range also struggle with shallow women who want men even taller than that.

I guess the point is to simply find the women who will accept you for who you are.

Me, I'm 5'8.5'', and figuratively just under 5'9''.

I'm sure with my regular, flat-footed, non-boosted shoes, a confident/straight posture, and my blue cap, I could lie and pass for 5'9'', the average Australian male height.

Just 2cm off from 5'9''...Really not that much.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 7:38 am

I know, it's discrimination, Boo.

But as said I've seen some women who even find stuff like 5'10'' too short.

I'm sure you already know the statistics say the taller a woman is, the taller she reports she wants a male to be, even if it only gets more and more unrealistic the taller she gets.

And it goes the opposite, as well. The statistics have also said the shorter a woman is, the taller the male has to be.

Some women may even say he still has to be taller than her when she's wearing high heels - again, very unrealistic as high heels can add several inches.

I'm sure you already know where some statistics are to prove this, so if you have sources to back this stuff up, please back me up and post them as I haven't started searching yet.

All I'm saying is: There's basically no winning. It's lose-lose for most males under 6'0''.

At least, in my humble opinion.

I know you personally have suffered a lot for your height. But I'm not sure how I can take into consideration the struggles of short men, and at the same time argue 'Let's all just stop giving a sh*t, no matter if we're less than 6'0'', or even less than 5'0''!"

I know confidence doesn't change if people are attracted to you or not, but it does stop you from feeling miserable about your height.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 8:25 am

^^ I have just posted a link O.o.
I didn't express any misery at that.