Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 10:46 am

I used to be called El Shrimpo when I was younger. I never got taller than 5 foot 4.75 inches.

Once you get past a certain age, height matters less and less.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 12:51 pm

I am 5ft7 and I don't really think many girls give a s**t about height from experience

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 5:09 am

I'm 182cm. I've never dated women that are around my height, but I've been on dates with women of that height..well one date.

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2016, 6:05 am

I wonder if the whole height thing comes from when women were considered as being inferior to men.

So they were told we needed big strong men to look after them and protect them ?

I guess when times were wilder , they would be more tuned into finding the man who could best protect them and pass they genes to their kids.

It's an outdated notion.

Personality should always outweigh height or anything else.

If someone won't date you because of your height then they are most definitely not the right person for you to begin with.

Times are changing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 8:43 am

Quote:
If someone won't date you because of your height then they are most definitely not the right person for you to begin with.

Not always,
The girl in question may be compatible and wonderful in every way possible (as in character, mentality..etc) yet would still put a veto on the guy asking her out (who happens to be very compatible with her in every other way) simple because he's shorter than her.

TentofMot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2016, 9:43 am

I think height is an issue where people's animal instincts are close to the surface. It's interesting that the drive isn't always towards bigger. In some environments (ie. dense jungles) smaller has the advantage.

Personally, I find it hard to find a stupider criteria for chosing a partner. It is a sad reflection upon the more primitive nature of society. With minds such as we have it should not be necessary.

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2016, 10:20 am

If she won't be with you because of your height then surely its a shallow point of view. Do you want to spend your life with someone who is shallow ? And can't see past how you were physically made. Also if they can't see past your physical traits then how can you expect them to understand deeper things inside you ? This is what I mean by them being the wrong person for you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 10:32 am

Noura4eva wrote:
If she won't be with you because of your height then surely its a shallow point of view. Do you want to spend your life with someone who is shallow ? And can't see past how you were physically made. Also if they can't see past your physical traits then how can you expect them to understand deeper things inside you ? This is what I mean by them being the wrong person for you.

It would never even reach to the point of "seeing you beyond yours physical traits", that requires the least amount of interaction and dating before one can see that- a chance has to be given first to know someone deeper.

First impressions are very primitive/instinctive.

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

09 Mar 2016, 5:39 am

I believe that first impression may be some what primitive.

So many things now factor into why people see things in a certain way, and some of the biggest offenders are movies and media. Never painting a realistic picture of people.

I know if someone was put off by my height then I would be put off by their attitude to my height.

We all come in different ways and wrapped in different packages.

Be happy who you are and always remember someone is so much worse off than you are.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 12:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

Not always,
The girl in question may be compatible and wonderful in every way possible (as in character, mentality..etc) yet would still put a veto on the guy asking her out (who happens to be very compatible with her in every other way) simple because he's shorter than her.

I'd think that if she judges dating worthiness on height, it kind of rules out any chance of her being compatible with a person she rejects for height actually. Unless of course the guy finds shallow women who judge men on height as a compatible trait.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 4:01 pm

^
Ok, this is getting bit ridiculous, it is making me feel something crawling on my skin, you two aren't really being realistic now and you're being too angelically idealistic when it comes to human physical attraction, as if you are expecting women to be not be visual at all, even at the very beginning. Basically what you two are saying: Women who perceive me as physically unattractive = bad women.

This kind of inhuman to expect women to see beyond some physical trait they find repulsive for some reason to the point of dating me; fact is, a man being shorter than them (or simply being too short) is one of those physical traits that many women find repulsive. Just because it's something I struggle with, doesn't mean I would rate their personality on this basis.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^
Ok, this is getting bit ridiculous, it is making me feel something crawling on my skin, you two aren't really being realistic now and you're being too angelically idealistic when it comes to human physical attraction, as if you are expecting women to be not be visual at all, even at the very beginning. Basically what you two are saying: Women who perceive me as physically unattractive = bad women.

This kind of inhuman to expect women to see beyond some physical trait they find repulsive for some reason to the point of dating me; fact is, a man being shorter than them (or simply being too short) is one of those physical traits that many women find repulsive. Just because it's something I struggle with, doesn't mean I would rate their personality on this basis.

Yes however I don't understand women who factor height in that much....I've always been more of a facial features/personality kind of person, a lot of times its the eyes that get me. But I admit you have a point, if a woman simply is not sexually attracted to males shorter than her(like just doesn't feel any attraction) its not so shallow...I guess I am more getting at women who are sticklers on 'you have to be at least 5' 9 regardless of anything else" or I won't even consider it' for instance are shallow.

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Mar 2016, 6:14 pm

To be completely honest, the only part about having a partner who is taller than me that I am worried about is the constant fear of them bonking their head on a doorway or something like that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 2:49 am

Yeah, I mean imagine guys saying something like "She has to be D-cup and 50 kg max" , he would be bashed and shamed by everyone, and saying stuff like 'No fat girls...etc" would be totally socially unacceptable and they would get bashed for it too:P. Women would call them insensitive and jerks.

Honestly, I haven't seen any males stating such stuff in their dating profiles.

Society doesn't seem to penalize women for being explicitly shallow, you see a lot saying stuff like ie. 'minimum 6'0, six-packs is a must, no short guys please, no Indian guys please ...etc' without any remorse or consideration. In fact, she would be praised by a lot of other women for being "knowing what she wants".

It's a very real double standard, really. Go browse profiles of both genders and you will notice this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 3:10 am

In fact, I had been many instance in social occasions, where female acquaintances explicitly expressed contempt toward specific guys for having specific physical characteristics very similar or even the same to mine.
ie. He's too skinny to me, I hate skinny guys - in the presence of a skinny guy!. It's like they forget that their male friend/colleague/acquaintance across the table has this same characteristic. It's unbelievably how they don't see it.

One girl I knew (who was very overweight herself) did that all the time, expressing competent about skinny, short, and other characteristics she dislikes - usually with expressions of disgust, but I have never ever seen a male friend of her saying in front of her 'I hate fat girls', yet I know many of them wouldn't date her because of weight (because they told me so)...etc, in fact I have never known guys in my circle being so inconsiderate and rude in front of women.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 9:30 am

I liked how my old GF was about 5'9". Made hugging so much easier since I'm 6'1". No need to lean down.

Taller chicks would be a boon there for me due to that, though it wouldn't be needed at all; just helpful.