How can I prepare myself for a miserable sexless lonely life

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Feb 2016, 11:05 pm

It is what it is dude, it's considered a disability for a reason. I would probably not be so insulting towards other people in similar situations, it won't get you anywhere and will only make you that much more alone and isolated. I get it where you are coming from, it's a struggle man but the alternative is what? Dying? Maybe there is something in me, maybe because I wasn't really raised in a religion but was a taught that just must makes me afraid at the thought. I mean that's natural, I think animalistic even, but if this our one 1 shot at existence and consciousness then the idea of ending it prematurely just makes no sense at all no matter the problem. Now I've been to some dark places and had some unpleasant thoughts, my self esteem isn't great or even good but projecting the self-hatred is not a good idea and won't win much sympathy.

I'm simple person I guess when it comes down to it, I do not want much and I think as unhappy as I am in life at this point I don't think it would take much to turn it around because like I said I don't want much so any reason is as good as anything. Maybe that's optimistic I dunno, it's odd feeling because as pessimistic as I am I've always have had it in my head that I'm just few moves away from everything going my way. Of course, that hasn't happened but it's just a feeling inside.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 2:53 am

auntblabby wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
During 1977-1979 my last two years if college I had many friends and went out with them plenty. I had a good career going and other things going decently during the 1980's (age 23-33) and somewhat into the 90's. I did not stay at home, I went outside, even went to clubs to see some of the New Wave/Alternative bands I was into. I was pretty happy. I had no sex with the exception of with myself. Contrast that to the twenty years prior to that, bullying, exclusion, preforming in school way below what was expected, hell even bieng kicked out of my school after 2nd grade (that was legal then). Every day especially school days seemed like a month. Always staring at the clock counting the minutes to the end of the day, days until the next vacation.

I am glad you got to have a good taste of some success in your life. can you tell me why they kicked you out in second grade?

The memories are faded and mostly from my aging mom but it had nothing to do with me bieng violent but the school not bieng able to get through to me. That would make sense that a school would not know what they were dealing with in 1965. Lucky I was not institutionalized as was common then otherwise I would not be alive or if I did survive no shape to post on WP. A private school accepted me and I returned to public school for fifth grade and to bullying. There is no memory of what if anything I was diagnosed with but I am glad it was not autism because that was the peak of the refrigerator mother era. Back then any conclusion by an authority be it the police, a teacher, or a psychiatrist was rarely challanged.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 3:00 am

^^^thank you :) as a school-age child I was dx'ed variously [by different school shrinks] as schizotypal or schizoid, was suggested I be institutionalized but my parents could not afford it, so I was put in special ed instead.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 3:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^thank you :) as a school-age child I was dx'ed variously [by different school shrinks] as schizotypal or schizoid, was suggested I be institutionalized but my parents could not afford it, so I was put in special ed instead.

After seeing a few shrinks in 3rd and 4th grade the next shrink I saw was in 2013 who diagnosed me with ASD. What happened after second grade was not something I or anybody talked or wrote about until 2013. It was considered shameful to see a shrink

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 3:37 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

After seeing a few shrinks in 3rd and 4th grade the next shrink I saw was in 2013 who diagnosed me with ASD. What happened after second grade was not something I or anybody talked or wrote about until 2013. It was considered shameful to see a shrink

I hope you are not ashamed now, nothing to be ashamed about AFAIC. I've seen more shrinks in my life than most people. they made the difference between me taking a short walk on a long pier versus a long walk off a short pier.

DonTrump
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Mar 2016, 4:52 am

dmack18 wrote:
Okay I have asperges and I hate it. So much so that I generally don't like being around autistic people (although I do have some friends with autism ironically) but in general I pretty much don't like autistic people. I find them annoying and repulsive. It's because I hate Austism.

My past was never good with aspergers never knew how to fit in and didn't know how to talk to people or make friends and I annoyed or creeped the f**k out of people that every kid hated me and in high school I used to get made fun of by lower class men and I didn't have friends or date of even kissed a girl or even went to a single party in high school. Prom night for me was spent watching the Yankees

Either way I hate aspergers because I don't know how to react socially or how to function in a social environment and I often say things that either offends or scares people and in 2015 alone I lost my job and was kicked out of a college class because of it

I often offend people and I have put myself in dangerous situations before where I said or did something to someone that pissed them off however luckily each time the people could tell there was something wrong with me and didn't do anything to me

Now I hate autism because when I was 18 I went to an autistic support group and the people were all over 25 and they were the most pathetic people on earth. I mean talking about the holacaust at a funeral is less depprising than these people.

They all had no friends and were just as clueless socially as I am right now. I always imagined my future would be better and I would be married by there age but no all these people have never been in a realtionship before and have never even been kissed. I can't believe this is what I have to look forward to a sad miserable f*****g life like those people.

I mean the guy who ran it would tell me oh there successful they live alone, drive cars, have college degrees and work full time jobs but I don't give a s**t I still think there pathetic losers and I would never want to end up like them and they are completely worthless and have no value in life

Literally if the people in that group cured cancer, ended conflict in the Middle East, ended human trafficking and child labor in Asia and ended poverty, hunger and AIDS in Africa I still would not want to end up like them. He would always tell me to hang out with them like no I would rather hang out with Isis than them

So I hate autism because I will never have friends or have sex or have a girlfriend and I hate seeing all other autistic people on how we die sad lonely virgins. Literally I think if mothers find out there baby is going to be autistic they should abort it. So either way ya I guess I am afraid of my future So ya

I wish you luck my friend. [offensive generalization removed] You have a long road ahead of you and I wish I could help you out,I really do feel for you my brother. My condolences to you.

Last edited by Adamantium on 01 Mar 2016, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Multiple complaints about offensive generalization.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 6:50 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
smudge wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:
Autism likes to beat me down a lot..

Heres my advice:
You will NEVER function as a complete Non-autistic... its impossible, even if you pass to the extreme there will still be meltdowns, burnouts, shutdowns and you will ALWAYS have problems feeling the same mental rewards that Non autistic's get when socializing, A change in schedual will ALWAYS be hard, sometimes it gets easier but it will ALWAYS be a challenge

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE AUTISTIC

But you are a HUMAN... and just because these problems are here, they are YOUR problems, not the world. The World should not compensate for your problems and it never will.

The bolded bit is not true. Why should autistics overcompensate and be forced to experience meltdowns, shutdowns, sensory overloads on almost a daily basis just because it suits everyone else? What about disability discrimination? Why the flying F*CK should it mean we should suffer and put up with everyone mistreating us in ignorance because we're disabled? Well f*ck that. The world should be f*cking more accommodating. We're not owed sex or relationships, but we deserve respect and recognition.

Why should other minorities get respect and accomendations but not autistics? Why are most human relationships expected to be a "two way street" but autistics are expected to try and be 100 percent typical all the time?. Do you know of any behavoiral therapies that are considered the "gold standard" where it is recommended from 25-40 hours a week LBGTQ people are taught to act straight?, any Behavorial therapies considered "gold standard" where if you are black they want you to start at 18 months of age so you can be indistinguishable from your white peers?

Exactly.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 11:28 am

goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
smudge wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:
But you are a HUMAN... and just because these problems are here, they are YOUR problems, not the world. The World should not compensate for your problems and it never will.

The bolded bit is not true. Why should autistics overcompensate and be forced to experience meltdowns, shutdowns, sensory overloads on almost a daily basis just because it suits everyone else? What about disability discrimination? Why the flying F*CK should it mean we should suffer and put up with everyone mistreating us in ignorance because we're disabled? Well f*ck that. The world should be f*cking more accommodating. We're not owed sex or relationships, but we deserve respect and recognition.

Why should other minorities get respect and accomendations but not autistics? Why are most human relationships expected to be a "two way street" but autistics are expected to try and be 100 percent typical all the time?. Do you know of any behavoiral therapies that are considered the "gold standard" where it is recommended from 25-40 hours a week LBGTQ people are taught to act straight?, any Behavorial therapies considered "gold standard" where if you are black they want you to start at 18 months of age so you can be indistinguishable from your white peers?

It's really pretty simple. As was stated above, the world isn't going to change to accomodate disabled people. Disabled people have to do their best to adapt. Period.

It's the same with my deaf friends. The rest of the world isn't going to learn sign language in order to communicate with them. Instead, they have to wear hearing aids and learn to lip read in order to communicate with the hearing world. Similarly, autistics have to do whatever works for them in order to fit into the social world as best as possible.

You are forgetting that the world has accommodations for the disabled, thus it would seem to make more sense that societies do change to accommodate disabled people and disabled people have to do their best to adapt to the world around them. But I disagree with the notion that its all on us and society should never lift a finger to accommodate people with disadvantages.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 11:33 am

DonTrump wrote:
dmack18 wrote:
Okay I have asperges and I hate it. So much so that I generally don't like being around autistic people (although I do have some friends with autism ironically) but in general I pretty much don't like autistic people. I find them annoying and repulsive. It's because I hate Austism.

My past was never good with aspergers never knew how to fit in and didn't know how to talk to people or make friends and I annoyed or creeped the f**k out of people that every kid hated me and in high school I used to get made fun of by lower class men and I didn't have friends or date of even kissed a girl or even went to a single party in high school. Prom night for me was spent watching the Yankees

Either way I hate aspergers because I don't know how to react socially or how to function in a social environment and I often say things that either offends or scares people and in 2015 alone I lost my job and was kicked out of a college class because of it

I often offend people and I have put myself in dangerous situations before where I said or did something to someone that pissed them off however luckily each time the people could tell there was something wrong with me and didn't do anything to me

Now I hate autism because when I was 18 I went to an autistic support group and the people were all over 25 and they were the most pathetic people on earth. I mean talking about the holacaust at a funeral is less depprising than these people.

They all had no friends and were just as clueless socially as I am right now. I always imagined my future would be better and I would be married by there age but no all these people have never been in a realtionship before and have never even been kissed. I can't believe this is what I have to look forward to a sad miserable f*****g life like those people.

I mean the guy who ran it would tell me oh there successful they live alone, drive cars, have college degrees and work full time jobs but I don't give a s**t I still think there pathetic losers and I would never want to end up like them and they are completely worthless and have no value in life

Literally if the people in that group cured cancer, ended conflict in the Middle East, ended human trafficking and child labor in Asia and ended poverty, hunger and AIDS in Africa I still would not want to end up like them. He would always tell me to hang out with them like no I would rather hang out with Isis than them

So I hate autism because I will never have friends or have sex or have a girlfriend and I hate seeing all other autistic people on how we die sad lonely virgins. Literally I think if mothers find out there baby is going to be autistic they should abort it. So either way ya I guess I am afraid of my future So ya

I wish you luck my friend. [offensive generalization removed] You have a long road ahead of you and I wish I could help you out,I really do feel for you my brother. My condolences to you.

Except most males aren't particularly 'desperate for sex' per say....Also I guess you never get to deal with the problem of being led on/used for sex and then dropped. :roll: What you think all these desperate for sex guys who'll sleep with anything they can put their dick in are going to actually form relationships with all these aspie chicks?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 12:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
smudge wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

It's really pretty simple. As was stated above, the world isn't going to change to accomodate disabled people. Disabled people have to do their best to adapt. Period.

It's the same with my deaf friends. The rest of the world isn't going to learn sign language in order to communicate with them. Instead, they have to wear hearing aids and learn to lip read in order to communicate with the hearing world. Similarly, autistics have to do whatever works for them in order to fit into the social world as best as possible.

You are forgetting that the world has accommodations for the disabled, thus it would seem to make more sense that societies do change to accommodate disabled people and disabled people have to do their best to adapt to the world around them. But I disagree with the notion that its all on us and society should never lift a finger to accommodate people with disadvantages.

Nobody said that.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Mar 2016, 12:42 pm

Autism is primarily a social disability and the reality is there is only so much you can do to accommodate that, it's not like a missing limb or visual/hearing impairment. It's a disability people cannot see, we're neither intellectually or physically limited so their is just a view of judgement cast down upon us constantly. People are much less sympathetic.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 12:58 pm

smudge wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
smudge wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

Nobody said that.

Than what does 'the world isn't going to change to accommodate disabled people' mean, I just worded it another way...and explained why I think it is false as often walking around I can see accommodations, attempts at raising awareness towards disabilities and people who help accommodate needs of disabled people thus clearly the world can and does make changes for accommodating the disabled.

If you think I misunderstood you could just explain what you figure I got wrong, instead condescending.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 1:24 pm

I misread, sorry. But [don't] call me condescending.

Last edited by Adamantium on 01 Mar 2016, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Personal attack with offensive language

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 1:40 pm

"How To Be A Hermit" course by Robin. Now taking applications. Apply within. Operators are standing by.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 3:06 pm

one eventually gets used to it.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 8:42 pm

[moderating]
This thread is not going to turn into the usual battle of the sexes thing. The OP did not ask if boys or girls have it tougher, and WP rules prohibit sexist language, so please restrain any impulse toward providing generalizations about the sexes, etc.