Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 9:38 pm

beneficii wrote:
Things don't look so cheery for Trump, based on early reports.

landslides for the ooze in TX and projected landslide in OK.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm

Sanders beat Clinton in Oklahoma? I wouldn't have thought Oklahoma was a Bernie kind of place.

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 10:13 pm

I'm amazed there are any democrats there at all!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 11:28 pm

Why are candidates in both parties calling for such sweeping change?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/su ... e-15243669

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 11:33 pm

the dems are trying to protect their gains under Obama, the GOPs are trying to reverse all those gains.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 11:45 pm

With Rubio's victory in Minnesota and Cruz's victory in Texas and Oklahoma, both are likely to stay in the race and divide the the anti-Trump vote.

This may be good for Trump in the long run.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 11:46 pm

beneficii wrote:
With Rubio's victory in Minnesota and Cruz's victory in Texas and Oklahoma, both are likely to stay in the race and divide the the anti-Trump vote. This may be good for Trump in the long run.

can you please elaborate on how it'll help The Rump?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm

The GOP has some caucus states coming up they can try to change the narrative in the next couple weeks with Michigan in between. Ohio, Florida, Illinois, they are all winner take all so the question about who will be the nominee willl be totally put to bed.

Trump looks very strong in Florida and the rumblings are that Governor Rick Scott is going to endorse him and my own speculation about Rudy Giuliani as well. Endorsements don't really do any one any good except Trump who just gains more and more credibility every day. The donors are all shaking in their boots because there is a candidate they can't own has beaten them at their own game.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 12:05 am

adifferentname wrote:
Trump might not be the president you want, but he's the president you both deserve and need. I'm enjoying the fear-mongering and demonisation in this thread almost as much as I'm sure the man himself would.

Don't tell me what I need and deserve. Trump is horrible and has done many bad things. A great example is that fake college where he tricked many people in believing they could become rich....

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 1:00 am

auntblabby wrote:

"Ted Ruse" lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 1:13 am

MDD123 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

"Ted Ruse" lol

that'll work :thumleft:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 2:53 am

Looks like the Clinton's are up to illegal activity again. Not surprised. :roll:
If that was Trump's wife, you Lefties would raise holy hell.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... story.html

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 3:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
With Rubio's victory in Minnesota and Cruz's victory in Texas and Oklahoma, both are likely to stay in the race and divide the the anti-Trump vote. This may be good for Trump in the long run.

can you please elaborate on how it'll help The Rump?

The opposition in the party will remain devided. Trump percentage in states he has won has been mostly in the 30's and 40's percentage wise. The idea is if it comes down to Trump vs one other candidate the anti Trump majority would win. Of course the world does not work that neatly. Realistically the best the anti Trump forces can hope for is preventing Trump from getting a majority of delagates and forcing a brokered convention. In that situation in my view no way no how will the Republican establishment let Trump be nominated. A brokered convention is a long shot now, and quickly becoming a longer shot.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 3:18 am

seems like the ooze won Alaska also.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 3:19 am

Well, the Super Tuesday result (wins for Clinton and Trump) seems to be almost ideal result for Clinton.

Although her advantage over Sanders wasn't as decisive as she might have hoped, she has a polling advantage of performing better against Trump than both Cruz and Rubio in a head-to-head match-up.

Against Rubio she would actually be significantly behind by a 5 percentage points margin due to the latest polls, while she has been fairly consistently outperforming Trump for the last six months (dynamic link, may update):

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -4034.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -3767.html

So, with Rubio's third place finish on Super Tuesday, the GOP is currently doing it's best to eliminate the most dangerous challenger to Hillary Clinton in the general election - the one with the best image among Hispanic voters.

To illustrate: A recent poll shows that Clinton would gain a massive 73 % of the Hispanic vote compared to only 16 % for Trump. Rubio would do almost twice as well among Hispanic voters at 31 %.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ?tid=a_inl

If these margins remain constant, this would be the most decisive advantage for Democrats among Latino voters in 36 years, surpassing the 72 % share that Bill Clinton got in 1996:

Source: http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/2012/1 ... -07-12.pdf

And as demonstrated above, no GOP candidate has claimed the presidency with less than 30 % of the Hispanic vote since 1980.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 3:21 am

8 more @#$% long @#$% months of this @#$%.