Is this an autistic behavior or normal?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

oSovereign
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2016, 10:52 pm

I'm asking just for more knowledge of myself and who I am/ why I behave. Self awareness is important.

So often times when i'm in between games on league or when i'm just browsing the internet or using youtube, I guess I subconsciously pick at the skin around the outer area of my ankles. Even if its painful I seem to more enjoy it. It's left quite a scar now on both ankles, and I feel like its an ongoing wound because I keep doing it without even thinking about it. There are just grooves where my nails have run through on these parts of my ankles. Pushing down on it also feels quite relaxing even though its kind of painful, and I don't know why that happens either.

Now keep in mind this isn't self harm. I'm not doing this because I hate myself or to substitute cutting (atleast I don't think...?), but I don't really understand why I actually do it. Anyone care to drop some insight on this?

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Mar 2016, 11:02 pm

Perhaps it is probably a little on the more "extreme" side of Stimming. In middle school, I used to pinch my left eyebrow a lot when I was bored and because it was comforting. Now some of the hairs don't grow properlt anymore..... :?

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.