Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Patrick01
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2016, 2:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
The neurotypical people point to hated people and scream "autistic!"

The autistic people point to well-loved people and scream "autistic!"

The NTs want to demonize us, and the autistics want to canonize us.

Obvious trend is obvious.

Thats not what I meant to imply at all. I was legitimately curious if anyone else thought Ted Cruz has autism. I didn't have any intention to put autistic people in a bad light. I was worried by asking this question some would feel the question was a neurotypical demonizing autistics, but I never intended that, I was just legitimately curious about this communities opinion of Ted Cruz.

Sorry if anyone felt that my question was condescending.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Mar 2016, 2:42 pm

Cruz seems much closer to a sociopath, he's just a canned bought and paid for politician. A ruthless opportunist.

As far as presidential candidates go, Ben Carson came off as closest to someone that could possibly be on the spectrum. He's a good man, someone with an inspiration story that is/was respect on both sides of the aisle. I feel bad that Ben lowered himself into realm of politics but we may hear from him again as VP choice.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 2:58 pm

All American politicians are mindless, moronic parrots who just repeat what they're told to say, and only say what their voters want to hear. They are huge liars, which is something many people on the spectrum are not naturally good at doing. They are psychopaths, who use their "charm" to manipulate others and don't care about them at all. They think they are the greatest people on earth, while most autistic people do not, and often have an undeserving belief they're the exact opposite. Psychopathic politicians have no empathy. People with autism may not always show it, but they DO have empathy and care about others.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 3:57 pm

Fnord wrote:

No one wants to feel bad about having a diagnosis or being who they are, it would be that way even if autistic people were axe murders. Obviously we are not but people always want to justify what they are. Everyone wants to fit it, that feeling doesn't just apply to autistic people. There are several factors that go into peoples decisions, Autism has never made someone great nor has it caused anyone to infamous by itself.

Thats my opinion I guess,

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 6:22 pm

IMO, Ted Cruz is not autistic. He's a politically corrupt sociopath.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm

Fnord wrote:

Thats all true.

But though we know that the OP is a NT, we dont know his politics. He might be an Christian Evangelical who thinks Cruz will rescue us from the clutches of both Hillary and Donald. So we cant assume that demonizing Cruz is where he's coming from.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 6:50 pm

He's a real Tea Partier who is probably not autistic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 6:52 pm

he is a nightmare in any case, NT=nightmare ted

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm

Patrick01 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Thats not what I meant to imply at all. I was legitimately curious if anyone else thought Ted Cruz has autism. I didn't have any intention to put autistic people in a bad light. I was worried by asking this question some would feel the question was a neurotypical demonizing autistics, but I never intended that, I was just legitimately curious about this communities opinion of Ted Cruz.

Sorry if anyone felt that my question was condescending.

I (for one) accept your apology.

But it still baffles me as to what autistic traits (good, or bad) you see in Cruz.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 7:22 pm

Autism is defined by these:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/hcp-dsm.html

How does Ted match up?

A Persistent deficits in social communication and social interaction across multiple contexts, as manifested by the following, currently or by history: A.1 Deficits in social-emotional reciprocity, A.2 Deficits in nonverbal communicative behaviors used for social interaction, A.3 Deficits in developing, maintaining, and understand relationships.

A.1 Maybe, A.2 Not really, A.3 Maybe <guessing the OP's diagnosis is based on A.3 (to know him is, it is said, to dislike him) But perhaps not a very nuanced understanding of this. Hard to tell about A.1 in a politician. No evidence for A.2 Perhaps he exhibited such traits in childhood? Who knows, but what can be seen of the man today suggest a negative diagnosis.

B. Restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities, as manifested by at least two of the following, currently or by history: B.1 Stereotyped or repetitive motor movements, use of objects, or speech, B.2 Insistence on sameness, inflexible adherence to routines, or ritualized patterns of verbal or nonverbal behavior, B.3 Highly restricted, fixated interests that are abnormal in intensity or focus, B.4 Hyper- or hyporeactivity to sensory input or unusual interest in sensory aspects of the environment.

B.1 Nope, B.2 No, B.3 No, B.4 No. <sufficient ground for a negative diagnosis.

C. Symptoms must be present in the early developmental period
Who knows?
But we don't need to look too hard because he doesn't meet criterion A or B.

D. Symptoms cause clinically significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of current functioning.
Evidently not. If he has any autistic traits at all, this would make him BAP, but he doesn't really have the defining traits.

E. These disturbances are not better explained by intellectual disability.
Evidently does not have any ID, but this is not indicative of autism without support from Criteria A-D.

So there is no evident reason to think he is or might be autistic.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 7:42 pm

You really have to actually be around Ted Cruz, in person, for at least a few days to have a smidgen of an idea whether or not he is autistic.

There are many non-autistic people who happen to have a few autistic traits.

It would be nice, too, as Adamantium stated, if you knew Cruz as a child.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 7:53 pm

this autie would likely have perceived him to be a bully.